Mekong Delta Farmstay
from $ 280* per person
With its meandering waterways and flourishing farms, the Mekong Delta is a place not to be missed. Venture out through this iconic landscape and discover riverbanks dotted with coconut palms swaying in the breeze and sprawling rice fields sparkling in the sun. Be dazzled by a collage of coloured orchards, marvel at ramshackled houses on stilts and travel a waterway that bursts at the seams with boats of every conceivable size and shape. Learn about life on the Mekong Delta from local hosts, savour freshly picked fruit and gain a true appreciation of why this area is known as the ‘ricebowl of Vietnam’.
Travel Dates: From 03/07/2021 to 29/12/2022
Duration: 2 days
Departing From: Ho
- A homestay in the Mekong Delta is a great way to meet friendly locals and experience everyday life in Vietnam
Understand daily life on the lifeblood of Vietnam with visits to the islands and smaller cottage industries that keep the area buzzing
Experience delta hospitality first-hand with a warm welcome and home cooked meal from your homestay hosts
Cycle along local paths on a bike ride to the colourful market, and chat with locals while gathering supplies for lunch
Breakfasts Included: 1
Lunches Included: 2
Dinners Included: 1
Homestay (1 nt)
Age: min 12
Group Size: 1 - 16
Ho Chi Minh City - Mekong Discovery Urban Adventure
Mekong Delta - Local Dinner
Mekong Delta - Lunch
1 Ho Chi Minh City / Mekong Delta Homestay
Xin chao! Welcome to Vietnam. Escape the city for a tour of the Mekong Delta, where you'll see what life is like beyond the urban centre of the south. This morning, please make your way to the Opera House (Intersection of Dong Khoi street and Le Loi street, District 1) to meet your Intrepid representative at 8.00am before setting off for the Mekong Delta. Please bring with you an overnight bag ready for the one night homestay. Your main luggage can be stored at your hotel. About 2.5 hours away is the city of My Tho, a former naval base that is now a bustling port city in the Mekong Delta. The area is the final destination of the mighty Mekong River, which winds its way from Tibet, through China, Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, and finally into Vietnam. An incredibly fertile region, the Mekong Delta's prime industry is food production, producing approximately half of Vietnam's total agricultural output. Local life for villages in the area revolves around the rivers and canals that make up the delta, so much so that people are more likely to transport by river than road. Upon arrival into My Tho, board a private boat for a cruise on the Mekong River. Your first stop is Unicorn island where we'll visit an island with lush tropical gardens where we have a chance to sample tropical fruit. Continuing to another island in the Mekong Delta, you'll learn more about another cottage industry, coconut candy. Your local guide will take you to a factory and explain the process of making the sweet. As you meander down the Mekong, you will have a chance to visit local villages in the area and learn more about the traditional lifestyles, culture, and customs of people who call the Delta their home. Next, travel by Xe Loi (motorised cart), and visit a bee farm, from where you will transfer to a smaller rowing boat to delve into the smaller canals of the Delta. For lunch, hit up Vuon Dau restaurant, where your local guide will provide you with some advice on the finer points of local cuisine and assist with ordering some of these delicacies. Sometimes you may transfer to the homestay by tuk-tuk. Towards the end of the day you will arrive at the home of a local family, where you’ll stay in dormitory-style accommodation. The pleasant surroundings consist of a 2 hectare garden with seasonal tropical fruits such as longan, durian, mangosteen, banana and grapefruit. The local owners will be your welcoming hosts for the evening and can tell you more about life in the Delta
2 Mekong Delta / Ho Chi Minh City
Rising early to the sounds on the Delta enjoy an authentic breakfast before jumping on a bicycle to visit the local market nearby, then back to homestay to help our host prepare lunch. After lunch, we say goodbye to our friendly hosts and return to Ho Chi Minh City. This tour ends upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City at your hotel around 5pm. No accommodation is included tonight.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 18 May 2021 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..