Northern Lights of Aurora Village, Yellowknife
- 3 nights accommodation in Yellowknife
- 1 Lunch
- 4 hour Dogsledding and Snowshoe Walk Excursion
- Nightly Aurora viewing at Aurora village
- 3.5 - 4 hour Tour of Yellowknife
- Aurora Village Welcome kit
- Winter clothing rental delivered to the hotel room
- Yellowknife Airport meet and greet and transfer to hotel and hotel to Airport on day 4
Day 1 Yellowknife. Arriving at Yellowknife Airport you are met by a representative of Aurora Village at the arrivals gate. Afterwards, you are transferred to your Yellowknife hotel and are assisted with your check in. After getting settled and fitting your winter weather clothes, depart with your guide to Aurora Village for your first evening of Aurora viewing! Warm up in a picturesque tepee glowing in the night, wood fire stove burning, heated seats and choose from a delicious selection of hot beverages. Situated around the village on high ground and away from the lights of the city, the view of the Aurora is unsurpassed. Restaurant services are also available at Aurora Village. After your viewing, you are transferred back to your Yellowknife hotel. Overnight in Yellowknife. Please note: Activities may be modified to snowmobiling or ice fishing with either dogsledding or snowshoeing. Please advise at time of booking. Day 2 Yellowknife to Aurora Village. Today is a day of adventure! After being picked up at your hotel mid-day, embark on a guided dogsledding excursion. Board a traditional sled towed by an enthusiastic dog team for an exciting ride over the frozen lake and through the wooded trails. Return to Aurora Village for an included a-la-carte lunch, including fire-roasted bannock. Afterwards, strap on your snowshoes for a guided walk along the local trails where your guide reveals how the indigenous people of the area used the flora and fauna to survive this harsh climate. An afternoon of fun on a giant ice slide and roasting marshmallows completes the daytime activities before nightfall and your second evening of Aurora viewing. Transfer back to your hotel for the night. Lunch included. Overnight in Yellowknife. Day 3 Yellowknife to Aurora Village. Today you are picked up at your hotel in the afternoon for your tour exploring the historically and culturally vibrant city of Yellowknife! Your guided tour reveals its early beginnings where the streets were paved with gold, to its deeply rooted Aboriginal culture. See the Legislative Assembly, Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Center, as well as a scenic drive through downtown, Old Town, and onto a drive on the frozen Ice Road! An evening of Aurora viewing caps off a perfect day before being transferred back to your hotel. Overnight in Yellowknife. Day 4 Yellowknife. Today your package comes to an end as you are picked up at your hotel and transferred to Yellowknife Airport for your flight home.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 January 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- [ADD IN EXTRA TOUR RESTRICTIONS/FAMILY RESTRICTIONS].
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..