from $ 1,552.50* per person
Enrich the soul on this trip through America's south, with mouthwatering BBQs, southern hospitality and the sultry sound of jazz and blues. This one brings you from Fort Worth through Austin, Houston and New Orleans, taking in all of the mosaics of music, culture, history and delicious food that the deep south has to offer. Authentic experiences abound - from a traditional Texan BBQ, to a walking tour of New Orleans' famous French Quarter.
Destination: New Orleans
Travel Dates: From 19/05/2020 to 09/02/2021
Duration: 8 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 5485252
Walking Tour of the French Quarter with tasting of pralines & beignetsNew Orleans School of Cooking Demonstration & Dinner
You can expect to refuel with hearty breakfasts and delicious dinners from us but we'll also give you the opportunity to sample some of the best local cuisine
- You'll taste it all - from simple street eats to gourmet fare
- Professional, insightful and fun, our Trip Managers, Drivers and Local Guides in the USA & Canada are highly trained and ready to show you this incredible part of the world
- Armed with their little black books of must sees, dos and eats, they'll help you avoid the tourist traps and show you the time of your life
Feel the famed Southern hospitality as we meet up with the rest of our Contiki family in the ‘bigger is better’ scene of Dallas. From here we'll head to the decidedly more laid-back vibes of Austin.Don't say we don't treat you. Diving straight into the local way of life, this evening you'll get to know your new travel crew over an authentic & mouthwatering Texan BBQ.
Today is yours to get the low-down on Texan life. You have the option to take to two wheels to see the sights on a city bicycle tour, pick yourself out some new cowboy boots or kick-back poolside to preserve your energy for a night on the town – Austin has a world famous music scene for a good reason.
Having conquered Austin, we'll venture onto San Antonio...Welcome to a charming melting pot of Spanish, Mexican & American infusions. After eating our way around the largest Mexican market outside of Mexico and enjoying a walking tour to get our bearings, a serene river walk will offer us shops, restaurants & music to soak up and enjoy.
Leaving San An feeling like a local, it's time to make our way to Texas' largest city. By now you're already feeling like a local, and today we make our way to Texas' largest city, Houston.With huge belt buckles & portion sizes to match, the city certainly lives up to its larger than life reputation.
Bellies full of BBQ, we'll head to the romantic metropolis of New OrleansThe love-child of French & Caribbean culture, New Orleans will steal our hearts as soon as we arrive.
We'll kick off the festivities today with a swoon-worthy walking tour of the French quarter, jamming in Jackson Square before sampling beignets & marveling at Antebellum mansions, all to the sweet sounds of Southern jazz, of course. Then it's time to head for the New Orleans school of cooking to trade tales with your new friends over some traditional gumbo.
Now that you know New Orleans like one of the locals, it's your day to do your own thing. Stroll down Frenchmen street for the sounds of jazz and funk, head to the vast grassy oasis of the city park or check out the New Orleans museum of art for an extensive collection of gorgeous French masterpieces.
Tissues on deck & souvenirs in tow, it's time to say our goodbyes. This has been the journey of a lifetime, so make sure to keep in contact for a reunion trip soon…
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 24 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.