from $ 2,580* per person
This one gives you a taste of Europe's highlights for those tight on time. Think 9 countries, 8 days and a handful of the top hotspots - this is how you tick off Europe's essential travel destinations without hanging around. Glide through the canals of Venice, see the Eiffel Tower & Arc de Triomphe lit up by night, indulge in some sausages and steins at a Bavarian beer hall, explore the glory of the Swiss Alps and visit the cute gable-houses of Amsterdam - all in just over a week. Now that's magic.
Travel Dates: From 04/07/2021 to 04/10/2021
Duration: 9 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 13059492
Orientation tour of Frankfurt, known as the “Mainhattan” of EuropeTake a traditional Motoscafo across the iconic lagoon to the island of VeniceSee the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge's Palace & St
- Mark's SquareVisit a French Perfumery in Paris to learn about the secrets of the perfume trade through an olfactory journey
For 8 amazing nights, you'll be snoozing in hotels located in the heart of each city you visit
- If you're not keen on sleeping twin share, you can save a bit of cash and go three share, or even treat yourself and upgrade to single share
- Fill your belly with pasta in Italy and gorge yourself on cheese everywhere in between with 8 breakfasts and and 2 dinners
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life
- An expert driver who knows foreign roads better than Google Maps
- Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past
- This is your team
- Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do
Your 9-country, 8-day adventure begins here! You'll meet up with your Contiki crew in London and we'll all board our coach here, ready to set off for European soil.Shortly before we find our ferry for Europe, we'll be taking in the English coastline beauty of the White Cliffs of Dover. They owe their gorgeousness to their composition of chalk - you're learning and we haven't even left the UK!Off the ferry we arrive in the port town of Calais - French soil! We travel via Belgium before reaching ... Amsterdam!Cross off another country off your list as you cruise through Belgium on your way to Amsterdam.And here we are at our final stop for this evening: Amsterdam! We'll start our exploration of this city with a peek of canals, bicycles & 17th century gable houses lit up by night. Next on the agenda tonight, we have an authentic canal-side Dutch dinner on the cards, followed by an optional evening cruise along the canals - the perfect way for our travel crew to get to know each other. Afterwards, there's plenty of nightlife to keep you going until the early hours.
This morning is your chance to explore Amsterdam. Take a wander down a cobbled canal-lined street, step into a local 'Poffertjes' cafe for Dutch mini pancakes, or check out some of the cute bookshops lining the canal. Then say 'Vaarwel!' because this afternoon we're setting off for our next country, Germany.Wilkommen to Frankfurt, Germany's thriving city metropolis with a big city scene by day and a vibrant nightlife in the evenings. We'll start off with an orientation tour here in Frankfurt, then tonight you're free to find yourself some dinner and discover the city by night.
Saying goodbye to Frankfurt, we'll head on to the German city of Munich - where lederhosen, dirndls, steins of beer and gingerbread-style buildings await."Prost!”. Here in the home of Oktoberfest we'll take a quick tour of the city, and amuse ourselves watching the antics of mechanical figurines in the city's famous Glockenspiel. Making the most of our time in Munich this evening, we'll get introduced to 800 years of history at a traditional Bavarian beer hall.
'Auf Wiedersehen' Munich, we're off to tick more countries off our list. This morning we'll climb aboard our coach ready for a scenic roll through the Bavarian Alps, past fairytale castles and rambling vineyards, en route to Austria.Drive through Austria without getting out to say hello? Never! We'll pull into Innsbruck for lunch, a laid-back student city made famous by a medieval old town, an old Olympic Ski Jump & a Royal Palace.Ah, Venice! Fresh pasta, lilting accents & romantic architecture - we've arrived in one of Italy's most famous cities. Tonight we'll relax here, knowing we have all day tomorrow to cruise canals & explore picturesque cobbled streets.
Buongiorno! Venice is ours for a full and glorious Italian day. We'll start exploring The Floating City by jumping aboard our own private motoscaffo boat and cruising the canals en route to the historical heart of the city. Here we'll take selfies at the Bridge of Sighs, see the Doge's Palace & St. Mark's Square. Next, you have the chance to discover hidden Venice with a guided walking tour, take a traditional gondola ride, or just explore these cobbled streets on your own. Tonight, you can choose to sign up for an authentic Venetian 3-course feast, or take a Venetian mask-making workshop. Not only will you get to paint your very own Venetian mask, you'll be supporting local crafts and traditions too.
With a few days left, it's time to say 'ciao' to our time in Venice. We'll never forget you, city of canals and beauty, but Switzerland is calling us. Back on our coach we'll pass Lake Como as we cruise out of Italy and head onwards and upwards toward the Swiss Alps.With magical views unfolding outside our windows we'll find ourselves in Switzerland, pulling up in the fairytale town of Lucerne, famous for its wooden bridges, cobbled lanes and beautiful setting against the lake it's named after. Here we'll visit the wooden chapel bridge and lion monument, then you'll have the chance to take an optional lake cruise tonight, giving yourself a better look at the epic Swiss Alps reflected off the water. Our other recommendation for tonight? Swiss chocolate.
It's been sweet, but our time in Lucerne is up this morning. We're Paris-bound! Out with the altitude, in with the inner-city Parisian bliss. We'll jump back onto our coach to cross the border out of Switzerland and (back) into France.After coasting through the pretty wine producing region of Burgundy, we'll arrive in the City of Lights. Lamp-lit bridges, a sparkling Eiffel Tower, & evening coffee haunts, this evening we'll fall in love with everything Paris on a dreamy night-time tour. Is it just us, or is love in the air? Once we've seen the most famous landmarks, we'll celebrate our first night in the city by heading up the Montparnasse Tower for the best panoramic views of the city.
Today's the day to stroll the beautiful streets of Paris - and we'll start with a morning visit to Montmatre's cobbled lanes, village-esque cafes, street artists and the Sacré-Cœur Basilica. Then there's plenty of time to lust over designer haute couture or French vintage stores, admire the Notre Dame Cathedral, order coffee and crêpes, or get artsy at the many museums of the Louvre. Just don't wear yourself out, because tonight's your chance to get involved with VIP seats and dinner at the iconic Moulin Rouge cabaret show. With your last night looming, this is the perfect way to make it one to remember. Get ready to go out with a bang!
Rise, shine, and soak up your last dose of Paris this morning over a coffee and croissant together, as we marvel at how much we've seen on this magical journey. It may be over for now, but these friendships and memories will last a lifetime. Our last coach ride together will be a complimentary transfer to CDG airport this morning, or you can stay onboard for the full ride back to London. Plenty of time to start planning the next reunion...What an adventure! Say a fond farewell to the group as you wrap up the trip on arrival in London.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 19 May 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 14 May 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.