ORIENTATION of Amsterdam and LucerneVISIT the Rhine Falls in SchaffhausenVIEW the Lion Monument and the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne, the Champs Élysées, the Eiffel Tower, the Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris and the White Cliffs of DoverSEE the Lorelei Rock, the vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme BattlefieldsSCENIC CRUISE along the canals of Amsterdam and the Rhine River
6 breakfasts1 lunch (Be My Guest)2 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and up to half your evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotelFerry across the Channel from Dover to CalaisCherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and restaurant gratuitiesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and professional DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesHandcrafted HighlightsVIP entry to many sights
Welcome to the colourful city of Amsterdam. Explore this city of bicycles and boats before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening, on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.
Journey through Germany's Rhine Valley, boarding a cruise past terraced vineyards, historic towns and medieval castles to St. Goar. Head to the highest castle in the Rhine River Valley for an exclusive 'Be My Guest' lunch where you'll 'Connect With Locals' in medieval surrounds and be transported back to a time of kings and knights. The old university town of Heidelberg is our next stop, with its impressive Renaissance structures, Baroque Old Town and view of the ruined red sandstone castle that towers above the city. We venture to our Rhineland hotel where we'll spend our evening at leisure.
Delve into a world of legends and fairy-tales today as you enter the enchanting Black Forest. Here, we'll 'Dive Into Culture' and witness the fine craft of cuckoo clock making, before visiting the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe. We cross the Swiss border, admiring the exquisite alpine setting and arrive on the shores of Lake Lucerne where we will stay for the next two nights in one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories' - the elegant lakeside Grand Hotel Europe.
Soak up the relaxed lakeside atmosphere before your morning orientation begins. Cross the solid wooden Chapel Bridge, visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the Massacre of the Swiss Guards in 1792 and spend your afternoon shopping in the Old Town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates. Consider an Optional Experience ascending the surrounding mountains for panoramic alpine views, wander along the tranquil lake shore or stroll around the city admiring the decorative signposts and ornate façades lining the city's streets.
See the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and across the Maginot Line. Admire the scenic Burgundy Wine Region, famous for its delicious Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties, before arriving in Paris. Indulge in a free evening to explore the grand boulevards of the French capital. Experience the pageantry of Paris first-hand and opt for an Optional Experience to a Parisian Cabaret.
Join a 'Local Specialist' today to delve into the artistic and historic treasures of Paris, including views of the elegant Champs Élysées, the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower. View Notre Dame Cathedral and enjoy a stroll through the Latin Quarter. This afternoon, amble through the city's stylish gardens, avenues and lanes, admiring the sophisticated atmosphere or consider joining an Optional Experience to the exquisite Palace of Versailles. This evening we enjoy a Farewell Dinner with our travel companions and Travel Director.
After breakfast, we say a fond au revoir to Paris. Crossing through the infamous Somme battlefields, the final resting place of so many brave souls, we catch a glimpse of the Canadian War Memorial at Vimy Ridge. In Calais, we board our ferry to Dover, continuing to London by coach where our encounter with European Highlights comes to an end.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 09 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.