Untamed Kimberley, 11 Days, SAVE $580*
- 11 day tour departing Darwin
- 10 nights quality accommodation
- 10 Full buffet breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 1 Be My Guest dinner, 7 Dinners with wine & 1 Farewell Dinner
- Services of an experienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
- Transport by luxury coach
- Airport transfers
- WAS $5795*, NOW $5215*, SAVE $580*
Day 1 Darwin. Life in cosmopolitan Darwin, Australia's only tropical capital, is vibrant but unhurried. Take an afternoon tour of the city, then enjoy a Welcome Reception and dinner this evening with your Travel Director and fellow travellers at a restaurant that affords spectacular waterfront views. Day 2 Darwin to Katherine. Travel south along the Stuart Highway today, stopping at Adelaide River's poignant War Cemetery. This afternoon, travel via Katherine to Nitmiluk National Park, where a tranquil cruise along the spectacular Katherine Gorge will allow you to sense the spirituality of the land. Catch glimpses of wildlife and learn about the history and culture of the local traditional owners, the Jawoyn people. Later on you'll meet Tom Curtain during his entertaining show at the Katherine Outback Experience. Day 3 Katherine to Kununurra. Watch the landscape transform dramatically as you journey across vast pastoral leases and Aboriginal homelands into Western Australia. Pause at the historic Durack Homestead, built in 1895. Later, cruise along the Ord River, which supports an abundance of native fish, birds and marsupials. Experience a magical sunset over the water before your arrival in Kununurra. Day 4 Kununurra. Today you may choose between an optional experience early-morning scenic flight over the spectacular beehive-shaped towers of the Bungle Bungle Range or a full-day 4WD tour of the Bungle Bungles. Otherwise tour Kununurra with your Travel Director. This evening, dine on locally-grown produce at a privately hosted Be My Guest dinner in the heart of Kununurra's sandalwood plantations. Day 5 Kununurra to Emma Gorge. This morning, take a guided tour of an Ord River rum distillery before travelling on to the Gibb River Road to your safari-style tented cabin nestled in an oasis of native pandanus and palms at the foot of the red-hued Cockburn Ranges in the El Questro Wilderness Park. Day 6 El Questro Wilderness Park. Awake to the calls of native birds, and after breakfast, explore El Questro Wilderness Park followed by a cruise on Chamberlain Gorge, an extensive waterhole fringed by tropical vegetation and soaring escarpments. Enjoy a free afternoon, perhaps taking a dip in the pool, relaxing with a good book on your cabin's veranda, or joining your Travel Director for a hike to Emma Gorge and a dip in its crystal-clear waterhole. Day 7 Emma Gorge to Halls Creek. Today join a local Indigenous guide for a tour of the famous Argyle Diamond Mine, the world's largest source of coloured diamonds. Continue south to the historic town of Halls Creek. Day 8 Halls Creek to Fitzroy Crossing. Travel on to the remote township of Fitzroy Crossing this morning, stopping en route at Halls Creek to visit an art gallery with a chance to meet Indigenous artists. This afternoon, cruise with a local guide through magnificent Geikie Gorge, watching for freshwater crocodiles, fruit-bats and wallabies as the 30-metre walls of the gorge tower above you. Day 9 Fitzroy Crossing to Broome. Travel through spectacular landscapes today en route to the former pearling outpost of Broome. Enjoy a town tour with your Travel Director, visiting the fascinating Japanese Cemetery and nearby Gantheaume Point, whose rugged red cliffs rise in stark contrast to the cobalt blue waters. Relax with a drink while the sun sets over the Indian Ocean. Day 10 Broome. Today is yours to explore this tropical hideaway. Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the pristine sands of Cable Beach and swim in its turquoise waters, or wander through Chinatown and shop for pearls. Tonight, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner. Day 11 Broome. Say farewell to your new-found friends when your holiday comes to an end after breakfast.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..