Northern Thai Highlights
from $ 1,593.75* per person
The North of Thailand is a haven for travellers, and it's easy to see why. Venturing into this part of the world sees you explore bustling cities and picturesque highlands. Expect to see a side to Thailand that most of people miss, like staying overnight in a floating jungle raft, learning to cook the local cuisine like a pro, basking in the gilded Grand Palace, and eating your way around the Pai night markets. And that's just a sprinkling of what we have in store for you.
Destination: Chiang Mai
Travel Dates: From 06/04/2020 to 28/09/2020
Duration: 8 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 6200628
Locally guided tour of the Grand Palace with tour of the Klongs (canals)Swim in the breathtaking Erawan waterfalls in ThailandElephant Nature Park
Most nights see you snuggled up in comfy twin-share rooms in a hotel with facilities you've been dreaming of
- We've also lined up a floating jungle raft stay and an overnight sleeper train
- Not your average sleeps here!Wake up to breakfast, because we know it's the best way to start your day
- We have also included some of your lunches and dinners to get you in on unique local tastes
- Because we know you love exploring, we leave the rest of your meals free for you to get local, and let your nose take you to the nearest spot for some spicy street eats or fresh tropical fruit
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life, along with Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past
- This is your team
- Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do
The heat and hustle of Thailand's capital will hit you the moment you land, with 9 glorious days of adventure stretched out ahead of us. After checking into our hotel you're free to do some DIY exploring, treat your muscles to a soothing massage or just lie by the pool soaking up the first rays of that sweet Thai sunshine. Later we'll rendezvous as a group so you can hear what's in store for the trip, then the night is yours to take to the streets for some authentic pad Thai and nightlife on Khao San road.
This morning we'll enjoy a locally guided visit to Bangkok's glittering Grand Palace. After a tour of the klongs (canals), we're swapping the big city for the sleepy town of Kanchanaburi.Here it's about living local. We'll start with visiting iconic historic sites including the WWII Cemetery, for a glimpse at darker past times, and the famed Bridge on the River Kwai. Since we all know there's nothing quite like local transport to make you feel really alive, this afternoon we'll pop into a boat along the River Kwai where we'll reach our home for the night: The Floating Jungle Raft Hotel. This place is every bit the dream Thailand location you've imagined, so you may have to pinch yourself as you're greeted with rooms lit by candlelight, followed by a delicious local dinner at dusk. If you're game, which of course you are, you can even jump into the river directly from your room. #Travelgoals, check!
We’ll start our day with a visit to the breathtaking Erawan Falls, one of the most famous National Parks of Thailand, made up from seven levels of incredible waterfalls. Take a quick dip in the emerald-hued ponds, dive into the clear waters & get an unreal FOMO Insta shot before we head off to our next stop Ayutthaya.We’ll make a stop in the UNESCO listed city of Ayutthaya, once the capital of the Kingdom of Siam before being destroyed by the Burmese in the 18th Century. Here we’ll grab bikes & cycle past ornate temples, towering spires, and quaint villages. Tonight, we forgo a hotel to board our overnight sleeper train to Chiang Mai.
We'll pull into Thailand's northern capital of Chiang Mai bright and early, but we're going to keep this adventure going as we roll on into Pai this morning.Prepare to fall in love with this picturesque mountain town. The rest of the day is yours to explore this traveller's paradise your way. Head out on foot or by bike, and adventure down Pai's little streets that pack some punch. Be sure to head out to experience Pai by night - an experience to rival that of its big sister Khao San Road in Bangkok.
With another full day in this charming town, be sure to have a strong shot of Thai espresso from one of the local cafes to get up and get going again. Just try to save some juice in the tank for an optional afternoon Muay Thai skills class with an expert, before we head out for our final night in Pai.
This morning we're Chiang Mai bound, but we're treating ourselves on the way with a visit to the Elephant Nature Park. This Park is an elephant rescue and rehabilitation centre that not only provides a sanctuary for the elephants, but gives us the once in a lifetime chance to get up close to these gentle giants. You'll have a chance to feed the elephants and watch them splash around on the river bank.Tonight, there's a chance for you to spend the evening zipping around on a Vespa as we explore the small streets and alleyways of Chiang Mai. We’ll see some iconic street art and monuments in between food stops at family restaurants and street vendors. Taste the amazing flavours of Tom Kha Gai and BBQ skewers before topping it all off with some live music in the market district. Just ask your Trip Manager for the best tips on where to head and what to do.
Today is yours to make the most of the laid-back city of Chiang Mai. Maybe head out into the city's heart on foot and explore the old town, or treat yourself to a traditional Thai massage. Later this evening, you have the chance to dabble in the art of authentic Thai cooking so you can wow everyone back home with a mean Pad Thai.
This morning we say fond farewells before going our separate ways. Dry those tears, because no doubt we'll make big plans to reunite somewhere special soon. Want to see more of Thailand? Check out Total Thailand for the full trip
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 February 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 20 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.