The Sun Seeker(Multi Share,Start Byron Bay, End Cairns)
from $ 2,112* per person
With coastal cities, world heritage sites, white-sand beaches & laid-back vibes, the East Coast of Australia is a sun seeker's dream. We'll see the best of it over 10 glorious days, stopping at a farm for morning tea, sleeping at a Eco Camp & spending 2 nights at Airlie Beach: gateway to the insta-perfect Whitsundays.
Travel Dates: From 21/05/2021 to 10/04/2022
Duration: 10 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 12652606
Enjoy a delicious roast dinner at the Noosa Everglades CootharaBarIncluded Flight: Noosa to Airlie BeachScenic train ride along the East Coast of Australia from Proserpine to TownsvilleEnjoy an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast of Aussie favourites while meeting and learning about Koalas at Bungalow Bay Koala VillageSpot native koalas alongside WWII fortifications on a Magnetic Island Fort WalkSee Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at duskCatch a local ferry from Magnetic Island to TownsvilleSee Aboriginal culture brought to life through traditional dance, art and interactive demonstrations at Tjapukai on a Dreamtime ExperienceTjapukai - Dreamtime Experience
10 nights: Multi-share hostel-style accommodation with a Special Stay at an Eco Camp in the Noosa Everglades (complete with kangaroos
- ) With accommodation this centrally located you'll be right in the action and ready to enjoy your days after a comfy night's sleep
- We'll provide 9 of your meals and the rest are up to you
- Food is an important part of any holiday so we want you to have all of the opportunities to explore modern Australian cuisine and local eats
- Our TM's will always be on hand with their must-try meal recommendations
- A highly trained Trip Manager who brings your adventure to life and occasional Local Guides who make tourist traps a thing of the past
- This is your team
- Smart, friendly, fun, and integral to everything we do
Hello Byron Bay! Say hello to your new Contiki family, it's time to head up the coast to the Noosa Everglades, but not before an exciting stop along the way. Adventure on!On the way north we'll stop at Hosanna Farm, an authentic Aussie working farm where you'll have the chance to meet and feed the farm animals, as well as try some traditional Australian tucker - damper & billy tea.Buzzing from our farm adventures, we'll head to our next destination, the Noosa Everglades. Here we'll unpack at our Special Stay Eco Lodge home for the next two nights and relax with a group dinner in the bistro & bar area, surrounded by the chatter and rustling of local birds and kangaroos.
Wake up to the sound of birds chirping at our Eco Camp this morning (you might even spot a kangaroo) and grab a quick brekkie before heading out for a day on Fraser Island.Your spirits will be at an all-time high after this day full of sand dunes, scenic lakes and dense rainforests. We'll cruise along the world's longest sand highway before you appease your hunger with a tasty lunch.It's back to the Eco Camp this evening for our final night here. You have free time to tuck into some food at the bistro, sample the offerings at the CootharaBAR boutique brewery, or just relax and enjoy the lush surroundings of this beautiful protected National Park.
What better way to say goodbye to The Glades than with an optional Canoeing Excursion on one of only two Everglades in the world! Afterwards we're on our way to find coastal nirvana at the pristine beaches of the Whitsundays. We'll hop on a plane for a flight to Airlie Beach.Landing in Airlie Beach, you'll notice everything starting to look a bit more tropical. Hello Whitsundays! This afternoon is yours for the taking. Head out and enjoy the endless cafes, bars and ocean vistas this backpacker hub has to offer.
Is there anywhere in the world more beautiful than the Whitsundays? We think not. With 74 perfect islands at your fingertips, an open sea calling your name & FOMO starting to kick in, get out and explore one of the worlds most lusted-after holiday destinations with our optional day sailing excursion,including snorkelling and lunch.
Is there anything better than the Whitsundays? We think our next destination definitely comes close! We'll board a train this morning heading for Townsville.Magnetic Island is an apt name for this captivating isle, with its coastal walking trails and gum trees teeming with lazy koala bears. We'll have plenty of time to explore, partake in watersports in the bright turqouise waters or meet some of the local marsupials. But this evening, we'll enjoy some champagne and watch the sun set over the bay.
We have a whole day on this paradise island - lucky us! We'll waste no time meeting the locals, with a chance to eat an unlimited chef-cooked breakfast with some Koalas at the Bungalow Bay Koala Village. Then we can check out some of the walking trails - such as the Forts Walk which offers up stunning views of the Palm Island Group as well as WWI fortifications, and the chance to see more koalas in the wild- or enjoy some free time at Horseshoe bay, taking a dip on the azure waters and relaxing on the beach. See Magnetic Island's resident Rock Wallabies at dusk before a free evening, where we can watch the sunset and check out some of the local bars.
After breakfast this morning we'll say farewell to our furry koala friends and depart Magnetic Island on a ferry. But we'll never forget its singular beauty.Back in Townsville we won't hang around too long, as we're hopping on a train headed to Cairns, where we'll arrive late afternoon.Welcome to the city where rainforests meet reefs, lagoons meet luxury hotels and boardshorts and business suits live side by side.
Make the most of your free day here in Cairns and jump on our optional day trip out to Australia's most famous natural wonder, The Great Barrier Reef. Board a catamaran out to the reef and try your hand at snorkelling, gape at the mindblowingly colourful coral and listen to the marine crew tell you all there is to know about this wonder. This day is a must-do for any trip to Oz!
Good morning Cairns you delightful palm tree paradise. Today we'll take you on a Dreamtime walk at Tjapukai where you can explore the rich history of the world's oldest living culture. After getting your culture fix for the day, why not unleash your inner-adrenaline junkie and take a leap of faith at AJ Hackett Bungy Jumping?
Your final day is yours to explore and do whatever your heart desires - and the perfect chance to sign up for a day trip on the scenic cable car, Skyrail. Here you can gain a truly unique perspective of Australia's World Heritage listed tropical rainforest, gliding above the canopy before descending to the forest floor to continue your guided explorational journey in the tropical hippie paradise of Kuranda. Known for its appreciation of sustainable living and alternate therapies, Kuranda is a unique village in a world of commercialism. Take the famous Kuranda Railway back to Cairns for a relaxing end to your day before your trip finishes in the late afternoon.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 April 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 12 April 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.