Great Ocean Road & Kangaroo Island Escape
from $ 3,175* per person
Combine the natural splendour of Victoria's Twelve Apostles and South Australia's Kangaroo Island with the award-winning food and wine scene of Adelaide Hills, the celebrated Barossa and Coonawarra wine regions.
Travel Dates: From 05/09/2020 to 02/04/2021
Duration: 7 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 6877025
CITY TOUR in AdelaideVISIT Tower Hill State Reserve in Victoria, Seal Bay Conservation Park on Kangaroo Island and wineries in South AustraliaVIEW the Birds of Prey Show, sea lions on the beach, the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch on Kangaroo IslandSEE spectacular coastal scenery along the Great Ocean Road, the vineyards of the rolling Adelaide Hills
6 breakfasts2 lunches4 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights
Buckle up for an epic coastal road trip filled with pinch-me moments. This is one of the world's most celebrated scenic drives and with every detail taken care of, all that's left is for you to do is kick back and enjoy the beautiful views. Your journey along the scenic Great Ocean Road will include a stop in Lorne and Apollo Bay, a tranquil seaside retreat which welcomes Southern-right whales to its shores from winter to spring. Visit the limestone Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge before arriving in Warrnambool, the whaling capital. At the end of this highlight day, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
'Dive into Culture' at Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve where you will gain insights into the local flora, volcanic formations and medicinal practices from an Aboriginal perspective. Then, cross the South Australia border to Mt. Gambier to view the Blue Lake, set in the crater of an extinct volcano. Your next stop is the celebrated wine-making region of Coonawarra, where you'll join a 'Local Specialist' for a tasting at a local winery. Indulge in the full-bodied, fruity flavours in the region's signature Cabernet Sauvignon wines produced on its "terra rossa" soil and learn how the region played a leading role in Australia's wine industry since the 1890s. Continue your journey to the Naracoorte Caves, a World Heritage Site, where you'll be taken on a guided tour with a 'Local Specialist' through Alexandra Cave, its crown jewel which was discovered in 1908.
Ease into the laidback lifestyle encouraged by the locals of South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula and visit Victor Harbor at lunchtime. Delve into the town's reputation for being heaven for foodies as you enjoy lunch on your own at one of its favourite restaurants. This afternoon, board your ferry at Cape Jervis and cross to Kangaroo Island, where pristine beaches, local wines and abundant wildlife wait to be discovered. Later, you'll join a 'Local Specialist' at South Australia's only boutique distillery to taste a selection of their handcrafted premium spirits. Savour the aroma of native Australian botanicals used to handcraft gins, vodkas and liqueurs. Dinner tonight is at your hotel in Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.
Embark on in-depth exploration of Kangaroo Island, which includes a visit to the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch in Flinders Chase National Park. Enjoy lunch at Vivonne Bay Lodge before taking part in a private Birds of Prey Show at Raptor Domain. Get up close and personal to some of the world's deadliest creatures and engage with the Kookaburras, owls, eagles and falcons which have found sanctuary at this wildlife centre. Afterwards, join a 'Local Specialist' at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a breeding colony of Australian sea lions, the third-largest colony in Australia.
Return to the mainland and continue your journey to Adelaide, the 'City of Churches'. After an orientation tour with your Travel Director, your choice of sightseeing could see you embark on a guided city-walking tour through Adelaide's North Precinct or visit the Art Gallery of South Australia for a guided tour. This evening is yours to indulge in the city's multi-cultural flavours. You may wish to rub shoulders with the locals and head to Gouger street where the world's culinary traditions, from Japanese to Argentinian, are yours for the choosing.
The rolling Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf and the Barossa lay ahead of you today and you'll have the opportunity to sample a number of their world-renowned wines. Enjoy lunch at the South Australian Company Store in the Barossa, then visit Jacob's Creek Wines, Australia's largest wine brand with over 160 years of winemaking expertise. You'll enjoy an opportunity to sample some of Trafalgar's favourites with a 'Local Specialist' before touring the surrounding Barossa vines which yield everything from Chardonnay to Shiraz. Return to Adelaide, followed by a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and newfound friends.
Your journey of Southern Australia at its end, say farewell to your fellow travellers as you transfer to Adelaide Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 March 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.