Great Ocean Road & Kangaroo Island Escape
from $ 2,995* per person
Combine the natural splendour of Victoria's Twelve Apostles and South Australia's Kangaroo Island with the award-winning food and wine scene of Adelaide Hills, the celebrated Barossa and Coonawarra wine regions.
Travel Dates: From 28/03/2020 to 03/04/2020
Duration: 7 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 5320448
CITY TOUR in AdelaideSEE spectacular coastal scenery along the Great Ocean Road, the vineyards of the rolling Adelaide HillsVIEW the Birds of Prey Show, sea lions on the beach, the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch on Kangaroo IslandVISIT Tower Hill State Reserve in Victoria, Seal Bay Conservation Park on Kangaroo Island and wineries in South Australia
6 hot buffets breakfasts2 lunches4 dinnersLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trustedHand-picked Insider ExperiencesOptional Experiences and free timePorterage, local tips and chargesMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-StaysAll hotel charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights
Buckle up for an epic coastal road trip filled with pinch-me moments. Your journey along the scenic Great Ocean Road will include a stop in Lorne and Apollo Bay. Visit the Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge before arriving in Warrnambool, the whaling capital. At the end of this highlight day, join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception and dinner.
'Dive into Culture' at Worn Gundidj in Tower Hill State Reserve where you will gain insights into the local flora, volcanic formations and medicinal practices from an Aboriginal perspective, before crossing the South Australia border to Mt. Gambier to view the Blue Lake. Your next stop is the celebrated wine-making region of Coonawarra, where you'll join a 'Local Specialist' for a tasting at a local winery. Continue your journey to the Naracoorte Caves, where you'll be taken on a guided tour through Alexandra Cave with a 'Local Specialist'.
Ease into the laidback lifestyle encouraged by the locals of South Australia's Fleurieu Peninsula and visit Victor Harbor at lunchtime. This afternoon, board your ferry at Cape Jervis and cross to Kangaroo Island. Later, you'll join a 'Local Specialist' at South Australia's only boutique distillery to taste a selection of their handcrafted premium spirits. Dinner tonight is at your hotel in Kingscote, South Australia's oldest European settlement.
Embark on in-depth exploration of Kangaroo Island, which includes a visit to the Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch in Flinders Chase National Park. Enjoy lunch at Vivonne Bay Lodge before taking part in a private Birds of Prey Show at Raptor Domain. Afterwards, join a 'Local Specialist' at Seal Bay Conservation Park for a guided walk among a breeding colony of Australian sea lions.
Return to the mainland and continue your journey to Adelaide, the 'City of Churches'. After an orientation tour with your Travel Director, your choice of sightseeing could see you visit the Adelaide Zoo to see the Panda enclosure, embark on a guided city-walking tour through Adelaide's North Precinct or visit the Art Gallery of South Australia for a guided tour. This evening is yours to indulge in the city's multi-cultural flavours.
The rolling Adelaide Hills, Hahndorf and the Barossa lay ahead of you today and you'll have the opportunity to sample a number of their world-renowned wines. Enjoy lunch at the South Australian Company Store's Company Kitchen in the Barossa, then visit Jacob's Creek Wines. You'll enjoy an opportunity to sample some of Trafalgar's favourites with a 'Local Specialist' before touring the surrounding vines. Return to Adelaide, followed by a Farewell Dinner with your Travel Director and newfound friends.
Your journey of Southern Australia at its end, say farewell to your fellow travellers as you transfer to Adelaide Airport for your onward flight (flights anytime).
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 March 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 26 February 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.