Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information..
Construction on the Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum began in September 1973, four years after he died. The design uses as inspiration Lenin's final resting place in Red Square. Symbolically, the Mausoleum was placed in the square that Ho read the Declaration of Independence in 1945 and in doing so announced a liberated and independent Republic of Vietnam. Today visitors are welcome to pay their respect to the revered leader as he lies in state.
After visiting the man himself, explore where Ho lived and worked from 1954 until his death in 1969. Known as the vestige area, visitors are welcome to investigate two houses maintained exactly as Ho left them. The gardens are beautifully landscaped and include a pleasant pond with carp.
For a greater understanding of the role of Ho Chi Minh in modern Vietnamese history, consider visiting the museum located near the Mausoleum.
Hanoi Airport (HAN)
Flights from Australia to Hanoi will disembark at Noi Bai International Airport.
Nội Bài International Airport (HAN) is the largest airport in the northern Vietnam. Located 45 km from Hanoi, the travel time from the city centre is 30-45 minutes. The airport is small compared to the other two international airports in Vietnam, but expansion in the form of a second terminal is planned.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Noi Bai International Airport. Book your Hanoi Airport accommodation.
Getting to Hanoi
There are many airlines that offer flights to Hanoi from Australia. Flights from Sydney and Melbourne via Hong Kong or Bangkok take between 11 and 15 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Brisbane via Singapore or Kuala Lumpur take between 14 and 16 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok take between 11 and 12 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Hanoi
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Hanoi from Australia include:
For more information on Hanoi holidays check out our Hanoi travel guide.
For flights to Hanoi from Sydney, give our experienced travel consultants a call.