Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information..
Cape Town is home to a number of beautiful beaches. Boulders Beach is one of the city's more popular spots to spend a day of swimming and wildlife watching. Sheltered between two 540 million year old granite boulders, Boulders Beach is a part of the Table Mountain National Park. Spend a day at Boulders Beach and you won't be alone. The calm and peaceful beach is home to a thriving colony of cute African Jackass penguins. With so many penguins it's possible to observe them at quite a close distance. After a swim, follow the boardwalk to Foxy Beach where you can see more penguins and take in a magnificent view.
In addition to penguins, Cape Town is home to a significant number of sharks. Around 40 species dwell in the waters surrounding Cape Town, including the infamous great white shark. In fact just over 175 kilometres from Cape Town is the town of Gansbaii, also known as the great white shark capital of the world. It's here that thrill seekers head to take part in shark dives. From the safety of a cage you can come scarily close to one of the ocean's greatest predators. An activity not for the faint hearted.
Another popular Cape Town beach is Bloubergstrand Beach. Spend a day at the beach and enjoy iconic views of Table Mountain while swimming in the deep blue Atlantic Ocean.
Cape Town Airport (CPT)
Flights from Australia to Cape Town will disembark at Cape Town International Airport.
Cape Town International Airport (CPT) is Africa's third largest airport and the second busiest in South Africa. Originally referred to as DF Malan Airport, Cape Town Airport is a hub for South African Airways and a major gateway for tourists travelling to South Africa.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Cape Town International Airport. Book your Cape Town Airport accommodation.
Getting to Cape Town
There are several airlines that offer flights to Cape Town from Australia. Flights from Sydney via Johannesburg take between 18 and 20 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Melbourne and Brisbane via Sydney and Johannesburg take between 21 and 23 hours depending on the stopover. Flights from Perth via Johannesburg take between 14 and 16 hours depending on the stopover.
Airlines that fly to Cape Town
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Cape Town from Australia include:
For more information on Cape Town holidays check out our Cape Town travel guide.
At Flight Centre, our helpful travel consultants and range of Cape Town Flights will make booking your South Africa holiday easy.