Flights Cairns to Brisbane
Once the site of World Expo '88, Brisbane's Southbank Parklands are now a haven for families and tourists complete with dining precinct, playgrounds, gardens, walkways and even a manmade beach that overlooks the city. Read more...
Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information..
Flying time from Cairns to Brisbane: 2 hours 15 minutes approximately
Distance from CBD: 13km
Taxi: Around $40 to CBD
Public Transport: Trains and shuttle buses service both terminals.
Currency: Australian Dollar
Southbank is just a short walk or Green Cab ride across Victoria Bridge from the Treasury Casino at the top of Queen Street Mall. With secure underground parking and ample public transport (take the bus, train or CityCat), getting to Southbank is a breeze. Take a picnic or dine out at one of the cafes, bars or restaurants the Parklands or along Little Stanley Street. The area's latest addition to gain attention is Stokehouse located under The Goodwill Bridge and overlooking the river.
Southbank also hosts a number of regular events including Mellow Music on the Green, an outdoor cinema, photographic and art exhibitions, festivals and markets. The weekend markets are a great place to pick up unique clothes, art, jewellery, collectibles and Australian souvenirs. Chocoholics will also be pleased to see that the chocolate emporium Max Brenner is located within the parklands while the Southbank Cinemas is ideal to get your latest movie fix.
While in town, catch a show at The Suncorp Piazza, the Queensland Conservatorium or the Queensland Performing Arts Centre and don't leave without a ride on The Wheel of Brisbane, featuring 360-degree panoramic views of the city.
Brisbane Airport (BNE)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Brisbane Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located within close proximity to Brisbane Airport. Book your Brisbane Airport Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Brisbane
As the capital of Queensland, Brisbane is a tourism hub for travel within the sunshine state. The following airlines fly to Brisbane domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Brisbane, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.
Looking for more than just a flight? A Brisbane holiday package includes flights, accommodation, and often other extras like tours or car hire. View our Brisbane holiday packages.