Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information..
The National Archaeological Museum is one of the best in the world with a vast collection of ancient Greek sculpture, jewellery and pottery. The museum is also home to the awe-inspiring Antikythera mechanism, a 2000-year old computer found in a shipwreck, which some academics suggest is more valuable than the Mona Lisa. Other Athens highlights include the Benaki Museum where you can buy beautiful art prints, or the Byzantine Museum with its religious icons and mosaics.
Food lovers can get a taste for contemporary Greek culture at the Central Market, which buzzes with activity every morning of the week. Wander among stalls piled high with colourful fruit and vegetables, fresh fish, meat, olives and cheese, as shopkeepers hawk their wares and locals bargain for produce. Have lunch at one of the restaurants in the meat market and enjoy traditional Rembetiko, or Greek blues music, at the charming Stoa Athanaton café in the afternoons. For a different shopping experience, head to the Monastiraki Flea Market on Sundays.
If you're not sure where to start, why not take a tour of the city's museums or markets.
Athens Airport (ATH)
Flights from Australia to Athens will disembark at Athens International Airport.
Athens International Airport (ATH) is the international airport for Greece's capital and the wider Attica region. Also known as Elefthérios Venizélos, after the distinguished Greek statesman, Athens International has two terminals and is a growing hub for travel to Asia and the Middle East.
Airport Accommodation: There are a number of hotels located in close proximity to Athens International Airport. Book your Athens Airport accommodation.
Getting to Athens
There are many airlines that offer flights to Athens from Australia that involve a stopover in a third destination. Flights from Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne via Dubai or Abu Dhabi take around 24 hours. Flights from Perth via Dubai take 21 hours.
Airlines that fly to Athens
Airlines that offer cheap flights to Athens from Australia include:
For more information on Athens holidays check out our Athens travel guide.
Planning a trip to Athens? At Flight Centre, our helpful travel consultants and range of cheap flights to Athens will make booking your Greece holiday easy.