- 5 night self drive itinerary departing Melbourne
- Lorne 2 nights accommodation at the 4
- 5-star Mantra Lorne in a Resort Room
- Port Fairy 2 nights accommodation at the 4 -star The Victoria Apartments in a 1 Bedroom Suite
- Ballarat 1 night accommodation at the 4-star Mercure Ballarat Hotel & Convention Centre in a King Room
- BONUS SAVE up to $69*
- Why not add 1 night accommodation in Melbourne at the 4-star City Tempo in a Studio from an extra $71*
- Travelling Interstate?, why not add 6 days car hire of an Economy Elite Car, pick up Melbourne and drop off at Melbourne from an extra $135*
- Surcharge of $52* applies for stays from 2 - 27 November & 5 - 18 December 2020
Day 1-2 Melbourne to Lorne (142km)
Collect your car and make your way to the iconic Great Ocean Road with its stunning limestone rock formations, quintessential surf towns and spectacular national parks. The drive takes you from Torquay to Port Fairy, with photo-worthy views around every bend. Watch the pro surfers rip at the famous Bells Beach, before making your way to the coastal town of Lorne.
Set on the Great Ocean Road, Lorne's fresh air, white beaches & buzzing community have made Lorne the quintessential holiday retreat. Take a stroll along Shelley Beach and explore the rock pools, or take a dip in the sparkling waters of Loutit Bay. Nature lovers will enjoy the misty waterfalls, giant ferns and the ancient forest of the nearby Great Otway National Park. Erskine Falls, is one of the most popular waterfalls in the park, plunging 30 metres into the gully of the Erskine River.
Head down to the main shopping strip where you will find boutique stores, galleries and a selection of eateries. Sit back and relax at a sidewalk cafes, pack a picnic and sit under the trees of the foreshore, or dine on fresh seafood at one of the local restaurants.
Stay 2 nights at Mantra Lorne.Day 3-4 Lorne to Port Fairy (via Twelve Apostles) (230km)
As you depart Lorne, drive along the coast passing the Great Otway National Park, making your way to the Twelve Apostles. Be amazed by the stunning craggy limestone cliffs with the magnificent rock stacks rising majestically from the Southern Ocean along the dramatic coastline. Over millions of years, the cliffs eroded forming caves which eventually became arches, later collapsing creating rock stacks rising up to 45 metres high and isolated from the shore.
As you drive a little further west; stop at the viewing platform of London Bridge and take in the sweeping views of the impressive offshore rock formation, originally a natural archway which collapsed in 1990. Drive further west to the last town along the Great Ocean Road of Port Fairy
This charming fishing village boasts quaint cottages, Norfolk pines, a buzzing art scene, and old stone churches. Discover charming, fully restored white-washed cottages built by whalers and seamen beside Georgian-style merchants homes and grand public buildings as you wander through the village. For a spot of shopping, peruse the diverse range of boutique, antique or art & craft stores scattered throughout town. Head down to the busy port and see the fishermen unload their catch of crayfish and abalone. During the winter months keep an eye out for whales off the coast. Every second Saturday head to the Port Fairy Farmers Market for local fresh produce located at Railway Place. There are many great eateries to sample the best of the regions produce; dine at one of the great pubs, cafes or restaurants. Visit Victoria's oldest inn, the Merrigig Kitchen Inn, for a memorable gourmet experience featuring seasonal produce inspired by French cuisine.
Stay 2 nights at the Victoria Apartments, Port Fairy.Day 5 Port Fairy to Ballarat (193km)
Make an early start to head inland to Victoria's largest inland city of Ballarat, a culinary hub with a heritage backdrop. Renowned for the gold rush, evident in the beautiful architecture, explore the tree-lined streets and admire the Victorian and Edwardian buildings and parks on a leisurely heritage walk. Visit Australia's oldest and largest regional gallery at the Art Gallery of Ballart, to view a fantastic collection of Australian art. After a day of exploring, sit back and enjoy one of the towns popular eateries, breweries, bars or cafes, serving local produce, brews and wines.
Stay 1 night at the Mercure Ballarat Hotel & Convention Centre, Ballarat.Day 6 Ballarat to Melbourne (110km)
Take a leisurely drive back to Melbourne for your trip home or extend your stay in Melbourne.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 June 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Car hire - Minimum-age restrictions & age surcharges may apply. An excess applies to all vehicles. A full driver's licence, credit card & security bond is required on collection. Tolls, fuel, additional driver surcharge, location fees & one-way fees may apply and are paid locally. Car hire terms & conditions are subject to change, ask your travel expert for more information at time of booking.
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..