Northern Lights of the Yukon, 5 Days
- 4 nights accommodation at Best Western Gold Rush Inn
- Excursions to view the Aurora Borealis, including transfers to/from the hotel
- Meet and greet at Whitehorse airport
- Transfers between Whitehorse airport and Best Western Gold Rush Inn
- Sightseeing tour of Whitehorse
- Hot drinks and snacks at Aurora viewing
- Why not add 5 Day Winter Clothing Rental Package from an extra $250*
- Why not add a Takhini River Day Trip - Full Day Dogsledding Tour from an extra $419*
Upon arrival at the airport you will be greeted by a local representative of Northern Tales Travel Services who will welcome you to the Yukon and transfer you to your hotel.
Once you have checked in you will receive an orientation meeting describing what to expect during your stay. The rest of the day is yours until your first evening viewing of the Aurora Borealis. The Aurora Borealis, commonly known as the Northern Lights, is a spectacle of magnetic and electrical charges in the air, colouring the sky a multitude of majestic hues. Tonight is your first chance to view this spectacular show.
Departing the hotel at 21:30 in small groups, you will be taken to a prime viewing area and treated to snacks and hot drinks during your viewing. Contemplate the sublime beauty of this fascinating array of blues, reds, greens and violets in this idyllic setting as you relax in a cozy heated cabin or walled tent. Return to the hotel at approximately 1:30. You will have another opportunity for viewing tomorrow evening. Overnight in Whitehorse.Day 2 - 4
On the morning of Day 2 you are treated to a tour lf the scenic city of Whitehorse, a former gold rush settlement set against a stunning backdrop of mountains. Discover the highlights of this town such as Main Street, the Train Depot of White Pass this town such as Main Street, the Train Depot of White Pass, Log Skyscraper, Log Church, the Sternwheeler SS Klondike, fish ladders and Schwatka Lake.
Each day you are free to relax in the warm comfort of the hotel, or book an optional activity such as dogsledding, ice fishing, to appear, guests are invited to sit at a roaring bonfire, flightseeing or snowshoeing. You will have an opportunity to view the Aurora Borealis every evening of your stay.
While waiting for the lights Whitehorse. to appear, guests are invited to sit at a roaring bonfire, roast marshmallows, have tea & hot chocolate, chat with local guides, try out snow shoeing, tobogganing on small hill. Overnights in Whitehorse.Day 5
Today your northern experience comes an end as you check out of your hotel and are transferred to the Whitehorse Airport.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..