San Francisco Short Break
from $ 595* per person
Home to the epic Golden Gate Bridge, a supernatural looking fog that never seems to go away and probably the best chowder you've ever tasted, San Fran has the goods to make you never wanna leave. Obvs you'll want to see the famous bridge (a bike ride to charming Sausalito should be at the top of your list), but we suggest you also check out Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz and Lombard Street, 'the most crooked street in the world'. Make sure you savour your time here in Northern California - this short trip will fly! Please note: This trip is unguided, meaning you will not be accompanied by a Trip Leader.
Home to the epic Golden Gate Bridge, a supernatural looking fog that never seems to go away and probably the best chowder you've ever tasted, San Fran has the goods to make you never wanna leave. Obvs you'll want to see the famous bridge (a bike ride to charming Sausalito should be at the top of your list), but we suggest you also check out Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz and Lombard Street, 'the most crooked street in the world'. Make sure you savour your time here in Northern California - this short trip will fly!
Please note: This trip is unguided, meaning you will not be accompanied by a Trip Leader.
Destination: United States
Travel Dates: From 01/04/2020 to 03/04/2021
Duration: 4 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 5938663
- 3 breakfasts
3 nights in twin/double-share accommodation
San Francisco Hop-On-Hop-Off Bus Pass
DAY 1 San Francisco, California
Welcome to San Francisco. This Is. It. Drop your bags at the hotel, then it’s time to hit the streets. See that tram over there? That’s the famous San Francisco Cable Car. It’s your first day, so why not go and scope out the Golden Gate Bridge or hire a bike and ride to Sausalito? Whatever you choose, don’t forget to stop for selfies. On the way back, catch the ferry and have a drink to celebrate. You deserve it.
DAY 2 San Francisco
Rise and shine, then get dressed and scuttle over to the Crab Station at Fisherman's Wharf for a bowl of their infamous chowder. Rumour has it, it tastes like a warm hug in a bowl. After, walk off that full tummy and spot the seal colony next to Pier 39 (this place is so worth it for the noises they make alone). This afternoon, go exploring or hit up Alcatraz to end the day.
DAY 3 San Francisco
Today, get twisted: it’s time to check out one of the most iconic streets in San Francisco. Lined with colourful Victorian style houses, Lombard Street has eight spectacular hairpin turns – so sit back and watch the cars slowly twist and turn down the hill. While you’re outside, hike to the top of Twin Peaks and take in the view of Downtown San Fran. How ‘bout that view?
DAY 4 San Francisco
Barneys, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s – oh my! Spend your last day in San Francisco doing what any respectable person would do: shop away your feelings in Union Square, aka the crown jewel of all shopping districts. When you’re done, it’s time to jet off. One question remains: where will you go?
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 21 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..