Bay in a Day & Alcatraz Tour
- Bay in a Day Tour
- Driver/guide narration in English
- Ferry to Alcatraz
- Alcatraz Tour
Enjoy an easy pickup at (or nearby) your hotel. Meet your know-it-all-guide. As you settle into your seat, meet the other guests. Ask them where they're from. Tour SOMA, the financial district, San Fransisco's Waterfront & the Ferry Building. Enjoy a quick stop & get some coffee & breakfast pastries. You'll be dropped off at Pier 33 & you will board a ferry to Alcatraz Island. Your Alcatraz Tour begins with a 45 minute audio presentation "Doing Time: The Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour," featuring recordings of actual guards & inmates who lived & worked on the island. Once your Alcatraz Audio Tour is finished, explore Alcatraz Island as long as you want on your own, but don't forget that you have to get the ferry back to San Francisco You'll have time to grab some lunch along the waterfront after your Alcatraz tour is completed. Meet up at the Zephyr Hotel by 1:40 so we can re-board the vehicle for our afternoon exploring more San Francisco attractions. Start the afternoon portion of the tour with a trip to the Palace of Fine Arts. After snapping some pics there. Enter Golden Gate Park from the Ocean Beach - cool Here, you'll see the Bison Paddock. Enormous Dutch windmills And Spreckels Lake. Beautiful. Take a 20 minute break here & explore. Put some flowers in your hair as you arrive in Haight-Ashbury. See the Grateful Dead House, Jimi Hendrix Red House & Victorian Homes that survived the fire of 1906. Pass through the storied Castro & its rainbow crosswalk & Mission Districts. See the Mission Dolores; it was founded in 1776. Then roll by public murals - some old, some still fresh Catch views of awesome public buildings: SF City Hall. War Memorial Opera House. The Pioneer Monument. Take more pics We take it nice & slow as we pass Nob HIll on our way to Union Square. There's a lot to see here Grace Cathedral, The Fairmont & Mark Hopkins hotels, & the Pacific Union Club. A close-up look at Chinatown & its amazing street life. Sometimes the traffic is crazy, but we know the best ways through it. See North Beach, the Italian neighborhood of San Francisco. You will see Little Italy cafes, Washington Square Park, St. Peter & Paul Church, Telegraph Hill & Coit ZTower. Jump off the tour here & have dinner if you like Or continue on with your guide & get dropped off at your hotel.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..