from $ 1,389* per person
Discover remarkable culture and history on your guided tour of Poland. Escape for nine days in the affordable and less-crowded off season to explore this country rich in proud tradition. Begin in Warsaw—gateway city between East and West—for remarkable sightseeing, from the 14th-century Cathedral of St. John to remnants of the Jewish ghetto. In the University town of Poznań, see the baroque St. Peter and Paul Cathedral and Old Market Square before dining on regional specialties. Learn about the turbulent history of Silesia and its historical capital, Wroclaw. Admire its fine patrician houses during a guided tour and a visit to the Market Square. Stop in Opole, one of Poland’s oldest cities, and continue to Czestochowa. Visit the Jasna Góra Monastery—home to the Black Madonna, venerated as the “Queen of Poland” and the country’s national symbol.
As you travel to Krakow, stop at the Auschwitz and Birkenau concentration camps for a guided tour of the notorious and chilling sites of the Holocaust. The following day, join a guided walk through Krakow’s historic Jewish center in the Kazimierz Quarter to enjoy its cafés, antique shops, and art galleries. Explore the Remuh Synagogue and 14th-century St. Mary’s Church before returning to Warsaw to conclude your off-season travel to Poland with a farewell dinner.
Travel Dates: From 28/11/2020 to 06/12/2020
- Default highlight
Breakfasts Included: 8
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 4
1 ARRIVE IN WARSAW, POLAND.
Welcome to Warsaw! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and travelling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)
Your Local Guide will tell you about the tormented, often tragic history of this important gateway city between East and West. See the medieval Stare Miasto (Old Quarter) with its market square and 14th-century St. John's Cathedral, the "wedding cake" Palace of Culture and Science, neoclassical Lazienki Palace, and the remnants of the Jewish ghetto. (B)
Today, drive to the university city of Poznan, where guided sightseeing features the major sites of this historic city, like the Old Market Square, the Town Hall, and the baroque ST. PETER AND PAUL CATHEDRAL. This evening, dinner with regional specialties awaits at a local restaurant. (B,D) Today's Distance: 236 mi / 380 km
Travel south and arrive in the historical capital of Silesia, Wroclaw. Through the ages, this impressive city belonged to Bohemia, Austria, Prussia, Germany, and (after 1945) to Poland. Hear about its turbulent history during your guided tour, and admire the MARKET SQUARE with its fine patrician houses. (B) Today's Distance: 130 mi / 210 km
Stop in the Old Town of Opole, one of the oldest cities in Poland. Then, continue to Czestochowa and prepare for a fascinating visit of JASNA GORA, the monastery near Czestochowa. Admire its BLACK MADONNA, which is venerated as the "Queen of Poland" and has become the country's national symbol. (B,D) Today's Distance: 137 mi / 220 km
On the way to Krakow, visit Auschwitz and Birkenau, and see what is left of the notorious World War II CONCENTRATION CAMPS, chilling reminders of the Holocaust. (B) Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km
In the morning, an optional excursion to the Wieliczka salt mines is available. Later, follow your Local Guide for a walk through Krakow's historic Jewish centre, the KAZIMIERZ QUARTER, with its cosy art cafes, antique shops, and galleries. Also visit the REMUH SYNAGOGUE and 14th-century ST. MARY'S CHURCH with its uneven towers. (B)
Return to Warsaw, where a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel to celebrate your visit to Poland. (B,D) Today's Distance: 205 mi / 330 km
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 25 September 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..