Peru: Amazon Jungle Experience - Independent
from $ 1,210* per person
Leave civilisation behind and venture deep into the Amazon rainforest by boat, travelling up the Tambopata to your rustic low-impact lodge. Spot monkeys leaping through the trees, see multicoloured macaws gather at a clay lick and keep an eye out for a family of otters. With rainforest hikes, a paddle in a catamaran and a medicinal plant walk, this adventure will open your eyes to the beating heart of the jungle. Independent Experiences Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short ‘mini tours’ that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-3 travellers, come accompanied by a local Peregrine guide and depart daily. /experiences Please note, on this trip the services are not private. You may share services with like minded travellers who have booked through other companies.
Travel Dates: From 13/12/2019 to 03/01/2022
Duration: 4 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 3374635
- Exploring the Amazon Jungle is an enhanced experience with a local guide
- Learn about the native wildlife, the medicinal properties the Amazon provides, construction and the jungle's natural source of food
The structure of this independent experience provides optimal wildlife viewing
- A 30 foot canopy tower near the lodge is great for spotting various species of bird
- Cruise on the lake keeping an eye out for turtles and hoatzin
- Rise early to visit on observation point at a clay lick
Spending your nights in a rainforest lodge is the perfect base for exploration
- With hiking trails at your doorstep, you don't have to walk far to be in an environment where monkeys live and the jungle sings
Breakfasts Included: 3
Lunches Included: 2
Dinners Included: 3
Amazon Jungle Lodge (3 nights)
Group Size: 1 - 4
Amazon Jungle - Activities at the lodge
Transfers within the program
1 Puerto Maldonado
Welcome to Puerto Maldonado, Peru. A lodge representative will welcome you at the airport, but it's imperative that you inform of us your arrival flight details into Puerto Maldonado at least 15 days prior to the start of the trip. You'll then head to the Amazon lodge's office in town (approximately 15 minutes by van), where you'll pack the necessary gear in a duffle bag provided by the lodge for the next few days. The remainder of your belongings will be securely stored in the office. Depending on your arrival time, you may have up to two hours free in Puerto Maldonado, while the rest of the travellers in your group arrive. Alternative lodge: As we offer daily departures on this trip, we may need to use an alternative lodge on occasion. These alternatives lodges offer equally interesting programs in the same area. In the case that we can only confirm an alternative lodge, you will be advised prior to travel. Alternative lodge details can be found in the accommodation section of these trip notes. Office details for passengers that are in Puerto Maldonado prior to the tour start date. Please note if you are in Puerto Maldonado prior you will need make your own way to the lodge office on day one, please ensure you are there by 12pm. Posada Amazonas & Refugio Lodge Offices: Av Aeropuerto, La Joya km 6 Puerto Maldonado Phone:1-(877)-231-9251 From here, travel by bus or motorised canoe to the Amazon lodge. . Once you arrive at the lodge there is time to unpack and unwind before an afternoon walk to the Canopy Tower (30 meter scaffolding canopy tower gives you spectacular views of the vast expanses of standing forest and the Tambopata River. You will have good chances of spotting toucans, parrots and macaws from here. After dinner, head out into the jungle for a night walk with your guide! Notes: Posada Amazonas is a rainforest lodge just a 45-minute boat ride from Puerto Maldonado, Refugio Amazonas is a 2.5 hour boat ride from Puerto Maldonado. You'll head to the lodge by boats that are 20 foot long roofed canoes with outboard motors. Both lodges are community owned by the indigenous Ese-Eja community of Infierno and offer outstanding opportunities to see Amazonian wildlife, including monkeys, parrots, giant river otters, caymans and capybaras.
2 Amazon Lodge
Wake at dawn to the sound of bird calls and travel by boat and foot to the oxbow lake after breakfast. Cruise around the lake and keep an eye out for turtles, hoatzin and other local species of birds. In the afternoon, venture out on a jungle walk, keeping an eye out for wildlife while learning from a local guide about the many resources the Amazon provides, from medicine to construction and food. Head back to the lodge later in the day where you're free to relax.
3 Puerto Maldonado
Rise early this morning and head out after breakfast to visit the Parrot Clay Lick, which is around 20 minutes' walk from the lodge. From an observation spot located about twenty metres away, you should see dozens of parrots and parakeets descend on most clear mornings to ingest the clay on the river bank. Afterwards, and before lunch, hike through the Ceiba Trail to see the largest tree in the vicinity. In the afternoon, visit a working farm in the community of Infierno. Your evening is the free.
4 Puerto Maldonado
Your Peru Jungle Experience ends this morning. After breakfast return to Puerto Maldonado and transfer back to the airport. IMPORTANT: Please ensure today's departure flight is booked to depart after 11.45 am today. At Peregrine we're always looking for ways to improve our trips and your feedback is invaluable to us and to our tour guides. It tells us what we're doing right, what you believe could be done better and what improvements you feel could help future travellers choose and enjoy Peregrine. At the end of your trip we ask that you to take a few minutes of your time to complete our on-line feedback form. Complete our easy to fill out questionnaire. We’d love to hear what you have to say! Visit: peregrineadventures.com/tour-feedback
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..