Peru: Amazon Jungle Experience – Independent
from $ 1,255* per person
Leave civilisation behind and venture deep into the Amazon rainforest by boat on this three-day Independent Experience. Travel up the Tambopata to a gorgeous, eco-friendly lodge. Spot monkeys leaping through the trees, see multicoloured macaws gather at a clay lick and keep an eye out for otters in the water outside your room. With rainforest hikes, a paddle in a catamaran and a medicinal plant walk, this adventure will open your eyes to the beating heart of the jungle.
Travel Dates: From 01/10/2020 to 03/01/2021
Duration: 4 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 3374635
- Exploring the Amazon with a local guide
- Learn about the native wildlife, medicinal plants and food sources during immersive jungle walks and a lake cruise
Climb a 30-foot canopy tower for incredible views and birding opportunities – keep your eyes peeled for toucans, parrots and macaws!
The jungle is literally at your doorstep in your eco-friendly lodging
- This Independent Experience is perfect for unwinding among nature
Breakfasts Included: 3
Lunches Included: 2
Dinners Included: 3
Amazon Jungle Lodge (3 nights)
Group Size: 1 - 4
Amazon Jungle - Activities at the lodge
Transfers within the program
1 Puerto Maldonado
Welcome to Puerto Maldonado, Peru! If you are flying into Puerto Maldonado International Airport (AKA Padre Aldamiz International Airport) a lodge representative will welcome you at the airport and transfer you to the lodge’s office in town (approximately 15 minutes by van). Here you will pack any items you will need over the next few days into a duffle bag provided by the lodge. The remainder of your belongings will be securely stored in the office. From here, travel by motorised canoe to your lodge. Once you arrive at the lodge there is time to unpack and unwind before an afternoon walk to the Canopy Tower, a 30-meter scaffolding canopy tower that offers spectacular views of the forest and Tambopata River. You will have good chances of spotting toucans, parrots and macaws from here. Head back to the lodge for dinner. After dinner, venture into the jungle for a guided night walk with your guide.
2 Amazon Lodge
Wake at dawn to the sound of bird calls and travel by boat and foot to the oxbow lake after breakfast. Cruise around the lake and keep an eye out for turtles, hoatzin and other local species of birds. In the afternoon, venture out on a jungle walk, keeping an eye out for wildlife while learning from a local guide about the many resources the Amazon provides, from medicine to construction and food. Head back to the lodge later in the day where you're free to relax.
3 Amazon Lodge
Rise early this morning and head out after breakfast to visit the Parrot Clay Lick, which is around a 20-minutes walk from the lodge. From an observation spot located about 20 metres away, you should see dozens of parrots and parakeets descend on most clear mornings to ingest the clay on the riverbank. Continue on a hike through the Ceiba Trail to see the largest tree in the vicinity. In the afternoon, visit a working farm in the community of Infierno. Your evening is free to relax and unwind among nature.
4 Puerto Maldonado
Your Peru Jungle Experience ends this morning. After breakfast return to Puerto Maldonado and transfer back to the airport.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 July 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..