New York Explorer
from $ 3,048* per person
See how the dreams of immigrants laid the foundations for an iconic city which celebrates its cultural diversity and the pursuit of progress and prosperity, from its bustling boroughs to its towering skyline.
Destination: New York City
Travel Dates: From 23/09/2021 to 20/12/2021
Duration: 5 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 12805125
CITY TOUR of The Big AppleSEE South Street Seaport, Chinatown, Times Square, United Nations Building, The Empire State Building, Statue of LibertyVISIT Battery Park, Rockefeller Center, September 11 Memorial and Museum, Chelsea Market, The High Line, Top of the Rock, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Central Park, Broadway, Lower East Side, BrooklynLOCAL SPECIALIST At the Met Museum (Day 2), Central Park (Day 2) and Broadway Experience (Day 3)
4 breakfasts3 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights
Guests will have a New York frame of mind as they explore the city as the locals do. Look up and see the impressive skyline which will be your companion throughout this in-depth exploration of New York City, the city that never sleeps. Whether you walk, take the subway, hail a cab or grab a ride share, you'll want to jump in immediately upon arrival. The first day is yours to explore to your heart's content before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a rooftop Welcome Reception at your centrally located Midtown Manhattan hotel.
Start your day off with a sightseeing journey through the city. From the glamorous penthouses uptown, to the bright lights of Broadway, to the charming cafes downtown you'll have front row seats as you begin to understand what makes this vibrant city tick. Continue to adventure through The Big Apple's iconic sights before heading to Rockefeller Center, where you'll ascend to the Top of The Rock for dramatic views of the Manhattan skyline. After some time for lunch, venture over to the Upper East Side where you'll visit the iconic Metropolitan Museum of Art. The renowned museum is globally respected for its incredible curated collection of art and artifacts that span a 5,000 year history. You'll have the opportunity to go on a tour led by a Local Specialist to get to know the secrets of the museum's paintings, sculptures, architecture, and more. Just outside of the walls of The Met lies Central Park. Here you will enjoy a guided tour of New York's favorite playground. Designed by famous landscape architect Frederick Olmsted, this beautiful spot for urban respite is often considered his greatest masterpiece - highlights include Tavern on the Green and the John Lennon Memorial at Strawberry Fields. This evening make sure to ask your Travel Director for recommendations on the city's best eats.
We'll make sure you start your day off as the locals do with breakfast at a NYC diner. Enjoy a short stack of pancakes or perhaps a local favorite - a bagel with lox, before embarking on a behind-the-scenes walking tour of Broadway. You will learn how a show is created from the first rehearsal to when the curtain rises and all the craziness in between. You'll also have the chance to get up close and personal with a performer from a Broadway show. This afternoon you are free to experience the city on your own terms. You can also join in on an Optional activity to dive deeper into the life of a New Yorker: For example, you can take an in depth guided tour of Manhattan's west side, from the historic Meatpacking District up to the growing Hudson Yards neighborhood via The High Line, an incredible park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets of the city. Enjoy your choice of dinner this evening, NYC has a vibrant restaurant scene that is second to none. Pick one of two spots that are local favorites.
Today you'll be able to discover what makes each pocket of this city unique. This morning you'll have the opportunity to learn the poignant history of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum. After learning how resilient and strong the city of New York truly is, you'll have the afternoon to see the city in your own way or join in on one of Optionals curated by city experts. Opt for a view of the Statue of Liberty or a trip through the Lower East Side. One great option is a walking tour across the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. Once across you'll arrive in the neighborhood of DUMBO where you can take in views of Manhattan from Brooklyn Bridge Park before getting to know the charming cobblestone streets. Say farewell to your fellow New York Explorers over dinner at a local restaurant.
Say goodbye to energetic New York and your newfound friends, then take a transfer to the airport or extend your stay.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 02 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.