East Coast USA and Canada End New York
from $ 6,037* per person
Connect with the heritage of two nations, exploring the corridors of the Capital, a simpler Amish way of life, Canada's cosmopolitan cities and the thunderous roar of Niagara Falls.
Destination: New York City
Travel Dates: From 11/06/2021 to 28/10/2021
Duration: 14 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 12804799
CITY TOUR in Washington D
- , Quebec City, Montreal, BostonORIENTATION of New York City, Toronto, Ottawa, Niagara-on-the-LakeVIEW the Empire State Building, White House, Lincoln Memorial, Independence HallVISIT Liberty Bell Center, Lancaster County, Corning Museum of Glass, Niagara Falls, Amish Country in Lancaster County, Niagara Falls CruiseCONNECT WITH LOCALS Visit a locally owned winery and savour regional flavours paired with their delicious wines
- (Day 6)DIVE INTO CULTURE Dive into Culture and embrace Canada's national sport, learning the secrets and superstitions of hockey players as a professional coach walks you through a day in the life of a player
- Visit a local farmers market outside of Montreal to 'Dive into Culture' and experience the flavors of the region during a lunch tasting including wine and cider
- (Day 7, 11)LOCAL SPECIALIST For included sightseeing in the Amish countryside, Quebec City and Montreal
- (Days 4, 10, 11)STAYS WITH STORIES Stay at the historic Inn at Leola Village in Lancaster and Omni Parker House, symbolic to Boston's rich history and culture since 1855
- (Days 4, 12)
13 breakfasts2 lunches5 dinnersAudio Headsets for flexible sightseeingDaily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening mealsLuxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)Cherry-picked hotels all tried and trustedHandcrafted HighlightsOptional Experiences and free timeAll porterage and local charges includedMust-see sightseeing and surprise extrasAn expert Travel Director and separate DriverAll hotel tips, charges and local taxesAirport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holidayVIP entry to many sights
Take a bite of the Big Apple and you'll wish you'd had more, as the vision and passion of this vibrant city inspires you to believe your dreams really will come true. Check in to your New York hotel and spend the afternoon exploring its soaring skyline on your terms. This evening, you'll meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception at 5:30 p.m.
From the iconic to the unexpected, we embark on an orientation tour of the City that Never Sleeps. View the towering Art Deco façades of the Empire State Building, pulsating Times Square and the tranquil mid-city oasis of Central Park. We'll journey through the Land of the Free to Philadelphia and visit the Liberty Bell Center to gaze upon the famous cracked bell whose inscription has inspired so many to "proclaim liberty". View Independence Hall, site of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, before travelling to Washington, D.C.
Celebrate the proud heritage of a nation as you view the memorials and monuments that have made Washington famous. Pass the White House, the U.S. Capitol Building, the Lincoln Memorial, and the World War II and Vietnam War memorials. Spend the rest of the day at leisure walking in the footsteps of great men and women who have shaped America as we know it today. Consider a visit to one of the Smithsonian museums or pay tribute to America's founding fathers at the many sites that dot the city.
Journey into the rural back roads of Pennsylvania's Lancaster County with a Local Specialist today, immersing yourself in the traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago. Our 'Stay with a Story' was built in 1873 in the heart of Amish Country. Enjoy a hearty Regional Dinner, and try your hand at making your own whoopie pies for dessert.
We'll travel north across Pennsylvania's rural landscapes to the eastern corner of New York State, stopping en route at the Corning Museum of Glass. Witness first-hand the delicate craft of glassblowing and admire the glass artistry on display in its galleries. Later, we'll cross the Canadian border bound for Niagara Falls.
Experience the soul-stirring rush of cascading waters as we embark on an exhilarating boat ride to the base of Horseshoe Falls, which plunges dramatically into Lake Ontario. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own, contemplating this tremendous force of nature. We'll continue to the flower-filled, tree-lined historic town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. This evening we'll 'Connect with Locals' at a local winery and sample some of Niagara's regional cuisine paired with their delicious vintages at a 'Be My Guest' dinner.
Skirt the shores of Lake Ontario and stop in Oakville where you will learn the art of playing hockey with a real Canadian hockey player. Dive into Culture and embrace Canada's national sport, as you learn the secrets of hockey players and how to score a goal from a professional coach. Continue on to Toronto where the rest of the day is free.
After an introductory tour of Toronto, head to Ottawa for an orientation tour of Canada's Capital City. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please.
Enjoy a breakfast on the grounds of the Museum of History followed by a presentation of the Algonquin People including the Friendship dance. 'Make Travel Matter' and learn and support the Manitobah Mukluks Storyboot School, a Treadright supported project. Our love affair with French-speaking Canada continues today as we go on our voyage to Quebec City and the UNESCO-listed Old Quebec. Immerse yourself in the city's joie de vivre and romantic 17th century façades, but not before we 'Dive Into Culture' with lunch at an authentic Cabane a Sucre (Sugar Shack), a tradition dear to Quebecois.
Explore Quebec City's winding streets and historic sites, joining your Local Specialist for an in-depth discovery of a city that exudes all the charm of old Europe. Delve into Quebec City's French and English military past at the fortified Citadel and the Plains of Abraham, the site of a major colonial battle. The afternoon and evening are yours to explore La Vieille Capitale on your terms.
Visit a local farmers market outside of Montreal to 'Dive into Culture' and experience the flavors of the region during a lunch tasting including wine and cider. Savour the good life as you arrive in Montreal. Meet your Local Specialist and visit Notre-Dame Basilica, the Old Port of Montreal, and Place Jacques Cartier. The rest of the day is at leisure.
Return to the United States this morning and traverse New Hampshire bound for Franconia Notch, in the heart of the White Mountains. As you journey past sugar maple and white birch in their thousands, keep a keen eye out for the black bear, moose and deer that find sanctuary in these scenic forest landscapes. Our 'Stay with Story' in Boston was once a frequent haunt of powerful politicians and famous writers.
Connect with the living history of Boston this morning, touring the city's redbrick Freedom Trail with stops at the Old North Church and Boston Harbor, the site of the famous Tea Party. Spend the rest of the day on your terms. Consider a visit to the bar that inspired the TV show Cheers or stroll through the centuries-old Boston Common. This evening, toast your memorable East Coast experiences at a Farewell Dinner.
Depart Boston today at your leisure or return to New York, where a transfer is provided to JFK International Airport, or consider extending your stay in New York.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 07 March 2021 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 02 March 2021 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.