Classic Mid Atlantic
from $ 4,950* per person
Our Classic Mid-Atlantic adventure both surprises and delights. From chasing the bright lights in New York City to getting up close to the howling spray of Niagara Falls, get ready to experience an eclectic mix of cultures across ten enlightening days. You'll stay at the best addresses, including the esteemed Mayflower Hotel. This elegant joint has been dubbed Washington D.C.'s second-best address, after the White House no less. Meanwhile, award-winning dinners will keep you fueled throughout your journey, as you enjoy upscale twists on some tasty classics.
Destination: New York City
Travel Dates: From 02/05/2020 to 19/10/2020
Duration: 10 days
Company: INSIGHT VACATIONS
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 5473394
Pittsburgh: Enjoy a Highlight Dinner at the Grand Concourse, where delicious cuisine is complemented by the historic atmosphere
- Philadelphia: Choose from a selection of restaurants for your Dine-Around Evening
- New York: Toast to new friends and fond memories during your Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant
- Dining Summary: 9 Breakfasts (B) and 5 Dinners with wine (DW)
- Gettysburg: Gain a deeper understanding of the infamous battle and major turning point in the Civil War with a Local Expert
- Lancaster: Step back in time to gain a fascinating insight into the lifestyle of the Pennsylvania Amish with a Local Expert
- New York: Explore the highlights of the city with your Local Expert
- Washington, D
- : At the Mayflower Hotel, Autograph Collection, you'll stay just half a mile from the White House
- Pittsburgh: The Omni William Penn is a classic hotel with a modern twist
- Niagara Falls: Insight ensures you don’t miss out on scenic locations
- The Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview Hotel and Spa hotel is situated closest to the falls and each room has stunning views
- Lancaster: The Cork Factory Hotel features comfortable accommodation set in the historic 19th century architecture that was once home to the historic Armstrong Cork and Kerr Glass companies
- New York: For city center hotel locations, the Marriott Marquis is unmatched, set in New York City’s Times Square
- Washington, D
- : Your ‘monumental’ tour includes the Lincoln Memorial and WWII Memorial
- See the The White House and Capitol
- Niagara Falls: Greet the howling spray, wind and thunder at the base of the falls, on-board your cruise
- Browse the shops and galleries of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Niagara Falls: At a Highlight Dinner, an unforgettable evening of fresh local cuisine awaits, paired with the region's most renowned beverage, ice wine
- Corning: At the Corning Museum of Glass, watch artisans at work and sandblast your own keepsake
- Philadelphia: View Independence Hall and visit the Liberty Bell
- Explore the Independence National Historic Park
- New York: View Manhattan’s skyscrapers, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty from your harbour cruise
- New York: During your guided tour see the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building and Central Park
Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to Washington, D.C., the nation's capital and a haven for history and art buffs alike. On arrival at the airport, your transfer will take you to your luxurious hotel, proclaimed by President Truman to be Washington, D.C.'s ‘Second Best Address’, after the White House. At 18:00 join your Travel Director and meet fellow guests at a private Welcome Dinner with drinks, based at your hotel.(Dinner with Wine)
In the morning, learn about the proud heritage of a nation. View the White House, striking Washington Monument, and sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country's most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the somber World War II Memorial. The rest of the day is at your leisure. Ask your Travel Director for their sightseeing and dinner recommendations to help you to make the most of America’s capital.(Breakfast)
Depart for the now peaceful town of Gettysburg. Your Local Expert will reveal it all at the site of one of the Civil War's most pivotal battles. Move on to Pittsburgh, otherwise known as the 'City of Bridges', and a creative hub well-known for its museums, parks, and delectable food. You will enjoy a Highlight Dinner with your fellow travellers at the award-winning and atmospheric Grand Concourse, situated in the beautifully preserved Pittsburgh & Lake Erie Railroad Station.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Cross the Canadian border to arrive at Niagara Falls, where your hotel overlooks the majestic Horseshoe Falls – the largest of the three waterfalls in this area. In the afternoon choose between two Insight Choice experiential options. Either soak up some sightseeing and witness the falls in a new light from below and behind, as you descend 150ft (46 meters) by elevator to observe the phenomenon. Alternatively, head to local winery, Monastery Cellars that is attached to a Carmelite Monastery where you’ll learn about the local grapes, how wine is made in this region before indulging in a tasting of the local specialty - Icewine.(Breakfast)
View thundering Niagara Falls during a thrilling cruise to the base of the cascades. Later, you'll have time to relax. In the evening dine at a local steakhouse for a Highlight Dinner, where you’ll relax and feast on delectable, seasonal treats as you overlook the falls, accompanied by your new friends.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Make your way to the Corning Museum of Glass, where you can learn about the art, history, culture, technology, science, craft, and design that tells the riveting story of the museum's single material, glass. Sandblast your own keepsake before watching master artisans at work. Head to Pennsylvania's creative centre, Lancaster, and end your day at the Cork Factory Hotel.(Breakfast)
Roll back in time and explore the rural back roads of Pennsylvania's Lancaster County with a Local Expert. Learn about the fascinating, traditional agricultural lifestyle of the Amish and the Mennonites, who live much the same as they did when they first settled here over 200 years ago and have long fascinated curious travellers. Then it's on to Pennsylvania's largest city, Philadelphia, the country’s only UNESCO World Heritage City.(Breakfast)
Walk in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin in the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia. Amid ‘America's most historic square mile', view Independence Hall, visit the Liberty Bell, and spend some time on your own exploring Independence National Historic Park. Follow the bright lights to New York City. Here you'll enjoy a harbour cruise for glittering views of Manhattan's skyline, Ellis Island, and the towering Statue of Liberty. This evening, experience a home-cooked meal and immerse yourself in local flavours with your EatWith host who you will tell you all about life in New York, the city that never sleeps.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
Take a bite of the Big Apple on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Expert. See Empire State Building and the mirrored peak of the Art Deco Chrysler Building as you admire one of the world's most iconic skylines. For a full view of this monumental city, ascend to the Top of the Rock – the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building – for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan. If it's tranquility you're after, relish the calm of Central Park. At night, join your Travel Director for a lively Celebration Dinner at Bond 45.(Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)
It’s time to say goodbye to the Empire State. A morning transfer will take you to JFK International, LaGuardia Airport or Newark Liberty International Airport for your flight home. Alternatively, if you would like to see more of New York, extend your stay at your own pleasure.(Breakfast)
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 11 April 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 06 April 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.