Masai Mara Experience - Independent
from $ 2,230* per person
Renowned for its high concentration of big cats, hundreds of bird varieties and the annual Great Migration of wildebeest, zebra and gazelles, the Masai Mara National Reserve is one of Africa’s most spectacular attractions. On this short independent trip, you will enjoy leisurely breakfasts and quiet afternoons between your explorations of this rich slice of the Greater Mara Ecosystem. Independent Experiences Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short packages that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-3 travellers, depart daily and offer the back-up of Peregrine, our local offices and expert resident guides.
Travel Dates: From 13/12/2019 to 03/01/2022
Duration: 4 days
- The Masai Mara is quintessential, breath-taking Africa – filled with iconic vistas and animals
- Enjoy plenty of included game drives and walks to spot the local inhabitants – lions, cheetahs, elephants and more
There is nothing quite like staying in the heart of the Masai Mara National Reserve, in a camp where luxury and nature combine – spacious, fully insect-proof tents with private en suites that are surrounded by Africa’s most dramatic wildlife and landscapes
After days spent exploring the plains with guides who have grown up on this land, return to an exceptional meal and a nightcap, while you listen to the sounds of the Kenyan bush and get to know fellow travellers over a tasty local drop
Breakfasts Included: 3
Lunches Included: 3
Dinners Included: 3
Permanent tented camp (3 nights)
4WD safari minivan,private vehicle
Group Size: 1 - 4
Masai Mara - Nature Walk
Masai Mara National Reserve - Overland Vehicle Game drive
1 Nairobi - Masai Mara National Reserve
Welcome to Kenya! Your Masai Mara Independent Experience starts very early this morning to get you to the Mara for a late lunch. Please speak to your hotel about an early or packed breakfast. You will be picked up from either Hotel Panafric or your Nairobi hotel at 6 am. Please advise your sales consultant at the time booking of your Nairobi hotel details. After lunch at the Mara Camp, enjoy an afternoon/evening game drive, during which you may have the good fortune to observe a black-maned lion, leopard or a cheetah. Your camp on the edge of the Masai Mara is a classic luxury bush camp and is completely unfenced, seperated from the reserve by the Talek River. The cosy dining area, open fireplace and tented accommodation make for a unique and intimate ambience. Enjoy dinner served al-fresco in a clearing overlooking the sweeping Masai Mara plains or in the spacious dining tent.
2 Masai Mara National Reserve
Continue your exploration of arguably one of the finest game reserves on the continent. Take in vistas of rolling green plains and riverine woodlands, not to mention many species of game. Your daily routine at Masai Mara will vary, however, a typical day involves waking at dawn for a light breakfast followed by an early morning game drive, setting off at sunrise and returning to the camp three to four hours later. Breakfast is a leisurely affair, taken outdoors in the morning sunlight, with lunch usually served al-fresco too. During the heat of the day there’s time to relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the bush, punctuated only by intermittent bird calls. An afternoon game drive departs around 4pm and returns after sunset. On returning to the camp, freshen up before joining other guests around the campfire for a pre-dinner drink. Dinner is served by candlelight in the dining tent. Enjoy a nightcap by the fire before retiring to the sounds of the wild.
3 Masai Mara National Reserve
Today is another full day of game drives. The Masai Mara National Reserve is famed for its physical beauty and abundance of wildlife – along with the ‘Big Five’, there are also 570 recorded bird types in the park, including the grey-crowned crane and the colourful lilac-breasted roller. Because you leave the camp as the sun rises you shouldn't have any trouble spotting wildlife, as this is often one of the most active times of day for animals. Look out for massive herds of wildebeest, zebra, and Thomson's and Grant's gazelle, all of which roam these verdant grasslands. Elephants, giraffes and elands are also commonly sighted. There are also escorted bush walks available from the camp, when you can great right into the heart of the landscape, learn to identify animal tracks, and get closer to African wildlife than you ever thought possible. An optional balloon ride over the Masai Mara at sunrise is an unforgettable experience. If you have pre-booked this activity you will be picked up from camp before dawn and driven to the launch site for a safety briefing with your pilot. You then glide through the dawn, sometimes at tree height, making the most of the amazing photo opportunities. Sometimes you'll ascend to get an overview of the enormity of the Masai Mara plains and the early-morning movements of the teeming herds. Upon landing you'll be treated to champagne and a bush breakfast.
4 Masai Mara - Nairobi
This morning you’ll enjoy your final sunrise game drive to soak up as much of the Masai Mara as possible, then have a leisurely breakfast before departing. Upon arrival back in Nairobi, you will be dropped at your nominated hotel or directly to the airport for any onward travel. If you are planning to depart Nairobi today for an international destination, please ensure that your flight is no earlier than 7 pm.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 17 December 2019 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..