from $ 1,885* per person
Bali has something for everyone, and on this nine-day eastern exploration, discover a Bali you may never had known existed. Visit the renowned highlands of Ubud and the popular beachside city of Seminyak, but stray off the beaten track to Sideman, Amed and Candidasa. Learn the rich history, relax on one of the stunning beaches or just admire the flourishing landscapes all around. Get your cultural fix at the temple of Tirta Empul or the stunning Tirta Gangga, go snorkelling on the north coast or simply kick back in style at the resort like beaches of Seminyak – enjoying comfortable accommodation and plenty of time at your leisure along the way.
Travel Dates: From 10/10/2020 to 06/01/2022
Duration: 9 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 4916540
- The temples and natural sites of Bali make exploring so inviting
- Head away from the usual route to Klungklung palace, the Tirta Empul and Tirta Gangga, among others
There’s a reason why Ubud is so popular – take in the jungle scenery and surrounding rice terraces and indulge in traditional Balinese cuisine
Discover the traditional art form of Kecak dancing – a Balinese performance focused on dancing with forms of chanting
Visit a village on Bali’s north-east coast that has made amazing efforts to conserve their reef and by doing so, saved their community
Explore local weaving industries in eastern Bali and enjoy a bungkus lunch – a local take-out style meal wrapped in a banana leaf
Breakfasts Included: 8
Lunches Included: 4
Dinners Included: 1
Resort (7 nights),Hotel (1 night)
Age: min 15
Group Size: 1 - 12
Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
Ubud - Kecak dance performance
Ubud - Balinese Cooking Class
Klungkung - Royal Palace
Klungkung - Kerta Gosa (Hall Of Justice)
Klungkung - Kamasan village visit including lunch
Ubud - Tirta Empul Water Temple
Sidemen - Village tour & traditional lunch
Candidasa - Tirta Gangga Walk & Palace Tour
Candidasa - Sorga Chocolate Factory Visit
Candidasa - Virgin Beach
Les Village - Community visit, waterfall walk & lunch
Selamat datang! Welcome to Bali. You'll be met on arrival at Ngurah Rai International Airport (commonly referred to as Denpasar Airport) and transferred to your hotel. Your adventure begins with an important welcome meeting at 6 pm, where you will meet your group leader and fellow travellers. If you arrive early, take a walk through Ubud’s central markets, head to one of the cafes in the centre of town for an iced lemon tea or organic fruit juice, or otherwise, just relax by your resort pool. After your meeting this evening, why not try out one of the warungs (local eateries) around town – your group leader will know of some favourites to go.
Ubud is Bali's main arts and cultural centre, and set high up in the jungle, has become an increasingly popular destination for travellers to explore the traditional culture of Bali and also as a place to ease the mind and spirit, with yoga, hillside spa treatments and meditation part of the cultural fabric. This morning, head with your group to a local food market where you will be picking up some ingredients for a cooking class. You’ll prepare traditional Balinese dishes, finishing with a lunch feast, and, of course, sitting down to a meal prepared by your group. This evening, learn about the traditional art form of Kecak dancing – a theatrical performance which is danced in conjunction with forms of chanting.
3 Ubud - Klungkung - Sideman
Leave the peaceful hub of Ubud behind and travel towards Sideman. Along the way, pass stunning valleys and rice terraces, and stop at Tirta Empul – not far from Ubud but a very important stop. For over a thousand years, Tirta Empul have drawn Balinese Hindu worshippers to its sacred springs, which are said to have been created by the God Indra and have curative properties. Worshippers wait in line to dip their heads at each of 30 waterspouts. This is a very sacred ritual, so please be mindful and respectful of worshippers who may find this as very important in their lives. Continue on to the Klung Klung district, where you’ll visit the Royal Palace and the Hall of Justice, as part of the highest and most important of the nine kingdoms of Bali between the 17th century to 1908. After a guided tour of both these national heritage sites, head to Kamasan village to learn about local craftsmen, and the fine artwork style seen on the site’s ceiling earlier. Take a visit to one of the local artists’ homes to learn how they process the cotton that they use to paint on by covering it in rice paste, beating it and then stretching it out on a frame to dry in the sun. You’ll also learn the art of bunga emas – translating to golden flowers. A traditional Balinese lunch will be included today. In the afternoon, transfer to your resort in Sideman for the night.
4 Sideman - Candidasa
Sideman is on the eastern side of the island of Bali, and this morning, you’ll embark on a guided walking tour and traditional lunch in the region. Stop by local industries, including a weaving business, along your way. Anywhere you go in Bali’s countryside, you’ll be graced with beautiful thickets of jungle, due to its high amount of rainfall each year. Don’t worry if you get hot and sweaty – there will be a couple of day rooms available in Sideman to freshen up. Enjoy a traditional ‘bungkus’ lunch – a take-out style meal carefully wrapped in a banana leaf. You’ll also spend some time walking through rice terraces, so be sure to have your walking shoes on! Afterwards, head to Candidasa. Enjoy some free time, perhaps spend some time relaxing around the town’s attractive lagoon or take a swim in the inviting waters. There is also an optional cooking class that you can take part in late afternoon in Candidasa.
Welcome to Candidasa – a delightful seaside town, full of beach resorts and laidback vibes. This morning, visit the nearby Tirta Gangga Temple – a royal water garden and former royal palace. Wander past the manicured gardens and the floating steps through the temple’s pond. Afterwards, relax on Virgin Beach, with lunch at a local warung. Spend some time in the afternoon beachside, then later on, head to the Sorga chocolate factory to see some Balinese chocolate production and try some samples of their locally grown cacao and organic dark chocolate products. There will be plenty of opportunity to buy and take home some products as well!
6 Les Village - Amed
This morning you will head to the North coast of Bali to a community-based tourism initiative, Les Village – a journey of about 2 hours. Here the community has developed a reef rehabilitation and plastic recycling program. On arrival, take a walk to a waterfall – the walk is through primary jungle along a mainly flat path but can be muddy after rainfall so good shoes need to be worn. At the waterfall there is the option to cool off in the falls before returning the same way. After working up an appetite, enjoy a delicious home cooked lunch in the community restaurant. Later, head to Amed where you will spend the next two nights.
Today is clear for you to take up one of the optional activities on offer in this slice of paradise. Perhaps salute to the sun and have a yoga lesson with an experienced local teacher or hire some snorkelling gear and swim around the shimmering turquoise waters on the north coast of Bali. This northeastern beachside town of Amed is known for its black volcanic sand beach and amazing sunrise views, so be sure to kick up your heels and relax wherever you go today. Be sure to ask your group leader for more recommendations – they’ve got people in all the right places.
In the morning jump back into your private minivan and head back to Seminyak. After the 3.5-4 hour drive, the rest of the day is yours to spend as you please, perhaps exploring the resort-like restaurants and clubs at your own pace, hunting down some of the designer shops and galleries, or even just mellowing out on the beach or at your accommodation.
With no activities planned for today, you are free to depart the accommodation at any time. If you are planning to stay longer in Bali, why not book into an Urban Adventures tour? There’s several to choose from which take you to different parts of the island. For something different, head on a VW Kombi Cocktail Safari, where you’ll travel to some of Bali’s best beaches and beach clubs in the comfort of an old-style Kombi. Find out more at urbanadventures.com/destination/Bali-tours.
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 29 May 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..