PILGRIMAGE TO LOURDES
from $ 1,539* per person
On this faith-based tour, spend five nights in Lourdes, one of the world’s most famous pilgrimage sites located in the foothills of the Pyrenees Mountains. Here, in 1858, a 14-year-old girl named Bernadette saw apparitions of the Virgin Mary 18 times. Today, pilgrims from all over the world flock to Lourdes for its spiritual powers.
On this tour to Lourdes, you’ll learn about St. Bernadette. You’ll visit her birthplace, her family home, and the Grotto where she witnessed the apparitions. A local religious expert will explain to you Bernadette’s life and visions, and the miracle of the healing waters. At your own pace, you can visit the Basilica, attend the Sanctuary’s official celebrations, pray, meditate the Rosary, attend Mass, visit the Grotto, follow the Way of the Cross, and visit the baths believed to have healing waters. Every evening, you can join other pilgrims in the Candlelight Marian Procession and attend the evening Mass in the Grotto.
On this spiritual journey to Lourdes, you’ll also enjoy a guided visit of Chateau-Fort, a fortified castle built during Roman times and perched on a rocky outcrop with remarkable views.
Accompanied by a dedicated Tour Director and other savvy, value-minded travellers desiring an inspirational journey, this pilgrimage to Lourdes is the perfect way to reaffirm your faith.
Travel Dates: From 13/04/2020 to 16/09/2020
Duration: 6 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 5477182
- Breakfasts Included: 5
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 4
Breakfasts Included: 5
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 4
1 ARRIVE IN LOURDES, FRANCE.
Check into your hotel, then meet your Tour Director and fellow travellers, and prepare for your upcoming spiritual journey.
Start your experience by meeting other pilgrims by the statue of the crowned Virgin, La Vierge Couronnee, where your local spiritual expert will unveil the meaning of the message of Lourdes. Later attend the Pilgrim Mass. This afternoon visit the GROTTO, the simple area where St. Bernadette witnessed the Holy Virgin's apparitions in 1858. Join the Rosary (in French), take the opportunity to go to Confession, and join the candlelight Procession, which takes place every evening. (B,D)
Time for introspection and silence and the possibility to further explore on your own or follow the WAY OF THE CROSS on a wooded area hillside with other pilgrims. Attend Mass, if you wish. In the afternoon, you'll have a chance to recite the Rosary and join the afternoon Eucharistic procession (The Blessed Sacrament) in the Prairie of the Sanctuary and walk to the Basilica of St. Pius X. (B,D)
This morning is dedicated to visiting the complex of the Healing Pools situated next to the Miraculous Cave, where the Virgin Mary was seen and where many healings took place. Later, hear the story of St. Bernadette's life and of the Marian apparitions. They started on February 11th, 1858, when Bernadette Soubirous was only 14 years old. While she was in the Grotto, she experienced the apparition of a girl, dressed in white and with a blue belt around her waist, who eventually introduced herself as the Immaculate Conception. The Holy Virgin appeared to Bernadette 18 times, after which her life completely changed. (B,D)
In the morning, join a guided visit of CHATEAU-FORT, strategically placed at the entrance of the seven valleys of the Lavedan. The castle was originally built in Roman times, but was reinforced several times over the centuries. Hear about the legend of Charlemagne and visit the exhibition about Pyrenean arts and culture. In the afternoon, spend some more time taking in the special atmosphere of Lourdes. (B,D)
Your holiday ends with breakfast this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..