Northern Winter Adventure
from $ 1,259* per person
Europe in winter is for a distinct type of traveller. It’s for the explorers who like their streets snow-sprinkled and tourist-free for postcard-perfect photos, the adventurers that like a sparkly bargain in a marvellously-lit market, and for foodies who like hot drinks in cosy bars. What’s even better is that travelling through the idyllic European winter gets you the best prices, and the shortest queues!
Travel Dates: From 01/11/2020 to 28/02/2022
Duration: 9 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 9556200
- Check out the markets in Bruges
Visit the famous Red Light District
Party ‘til all hours in Berlin
Plus all bolded highlights in the itinerary
Your legendary Busabout crew
8 nights’ accommodation
All coach transport
Paris By Night driving tour
Berlin walking tour
Orientation walks in Bruges and Prague
1 Your adventure begins in the stunning French capital of Paris. Meet with your fantastic Busabout guide and get a breakdown of all the upcoming activities before enjoying an afternoon of free time to explore the intricacies of this historic city. We will meet in our hostel this afternoon before heading out on a driving tour of the city’s main sights such as the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame. For the evening, join your group for an optional dinner at a local Parisian restaurant in the heart of Montmartre.
2 We depart Paris after breakfast heading to Belgium and the picturesque medieval city of Bruges. Upon arrival we stretch our legs on an orientation walk of the town to highlight the many sights in this UNESCO-listed gem. See the lofty tower of the Church of Our Lady, the medieval Belfry of Bruges (the view from atop is spectacular; the 366 stairs are certainly not). Or check out the Market Square and shop till you drop. If you’d prefer, just enjoy a relaxing day sipping on a refreshing Belgian beer and scoffing down some delectable, syrup-soaked waffles in a city littered with gorgeous scenery. This evening join your group for an optional dinner at a local restaurant followed by a visit to a Belgian brewery. - Breakfast included
3 This morning enjoy some free time strolling the cobblestone streets of Bruges! This afternoon we set course onward to the windmill-dotted countryside of the Netherlands and the glorious capital of Amsterdam. Join us as we head to the famous Red Light District for an optional erotic show this evening. Later, we’ll get lost in the numerous nightlife options in one of Europe’s most vibrant cities. - Breakfast included
4 We’ve cleared the agenda for the day so you’re able to soak in Amsterdam at your own pace. Dodge the bicycles as you make your way through the city and check out the impressive works of Vincent van Gogh in his namesake museum. Visit the Heineken Experience to learn about the brewing process and try some of Holland’s favourite beer fresh from the tap. Then, visit the sprawling Rijksmuseum, or just take it slow and absorb the laid-back Dutch atmosphere. We offer an informative optional bike excursion today to the lush countryside, where we’ll tour a traditional cheese and clog factory on the banks of the Amstel river. Tonight, head by ferry to check out the alternative neighbourhood of NDSM-werf where the true alternative Amsterdam can be found. - Breakfast included
5 Say ‘vaarwel’ to the Netherlands, as we continue our journey east into Germany and its mesmerising capital, Berlin. On arrival, your guide will take you for a walk of the city and former East Berlin as you learn of the area's history. Join with the group this evening for an optional dinner, then we’ll all head out on an optional pub crawl to experience some of the absolute best nightlife Europe has to offer. Hipster Kreuzberg, with its multitude of hip local bars and super clubs, is a great spot to party like the Deutsch! - Breakfast included
6 Your day in Berlin is filled with choice! Explore the graffiti-covered remnants of the Berlin Wall, see the opulent majesty of the 18th century Brandenburg Gate, visit Museum Island and spend the day lost in Berlin’s rich cultural heritage or do as the locals do and sip coffee in one of the city’s many great cafes. You can choose an optional walking tour to learn of Berlin’s more recent modern history or––for those looking for something different—visit a street art workshop which includes trips to some of Berlin’s most famous artistic sights. Tonight, try out the diverse local cuisine of this eclectic capital. - Breakfast included
7 We depart this morning after breakfast and make our way into the heart of Bohemia, the beautiful city of Prague. Shortly before crossing the German border we arrive in the “Florence of the North” and the capital of Saxony, Dresden. Stretch your legs with a wander through the Gothic Old Town. This afternoon we arrive in the “City of a Thousand Spires”, Prague. Your guide will give you an orientation of the city including the hilltop Castle District, winding Old Town and the John Lennon Wall. Join us tonight for an optional meal in a traditional medieval restaurant. - Breakfast included
8 Prague is full of scenic views and hidden gems round every corner. Join our optional Prague Castle tour and see the largest ancient castle in the world, home to the Bohemian Crown Jewels. Visit the Old Town Square to explore the markets and sample the delicious local pastries and see the intricate Prague Astronomical Clock dating back to the 1400s. Today we offer an optional trip to Kutna Hora to explore the macabre Sedlec Ossuary, a chapel artistically adorned in the bones of over 40,000 people. - Breakfast included
9 We check out after breakfast. Hope to see you again soon! - Breakfast included
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 08 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.