NICE TO LYON EXPLORER
from $ 1,299* per person
If you’ve imagined yourself in the shimmering French Riviera, the gracious fields of Provence, and the gourmet flavours of Lyon, say “Oui” to this Cosmos Lite budget holiday through southern France—ready for you to enjoy as you please. Arrive in Nice for a stroll along the Promenade des Anglais. Relax on the beach or find the perfect bowl of bouillabaisse with your CosmosGO mobile app. Maybe visit the birthplace of painter Chagall in St. Paul de Vence, before heading for the glittering city of Cannes. In the lovely Aix-en-Provence, discover a chic university city of moss-covered fountains, both old-world elegance and youthful vivacity flow. Visit its trendy shops, hip cafes, and cool open-air markets, and you’ll see why it’s been dubbed the “21st arrondissement of Paris.” Explore the medieval walls surrounding the Palace of the Popes in Avignon, and indulge in French favourites in a sidewalk café. Travel to see the sights awaiting in historic Orange, including the Arc de Triomphe, Ancient Roman triumphal arch, and the Théâtre Antique, one of only three standing Roman theatres in the world. On the way to Montélimar, see the aromatic lavender fields and, in the town, the café-lined promenades in France’s “gateway to Provence.” Sample its famously delicious nougat made of almonds and honey.
Spend two nights in Lyon—the gastronomic capital of France—to celebrate your à la carte Cosmos Lite tour of France. You choose how to spend your days with MyCOSMOS excursions, and your CosmosGO mobile app has all the details on guided tours, restaurants, and activities to make the most of your days in France!
Travel Dates: From 20/09/2020 to 18/10/2020
Duration: 8 days
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 10062376
- Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 0
Breakfasts Included: 7
Lunches Included: 0
Dinners Included: 0
1 ARRIVE IN NICE, FRANCE.
Nice? Nice! Hello, French Riviera! Settle into your Nice hotel and, if you have time, take a walk along the Promenade des Anglais. Meet your Tour Director in the early evening, who will introduce you to your upcoming adventure and give you recommendations on how to enjoy Nice and France like a local.
2 EXPLORE NICE.
Beach or Bouillabaisse? There are many things to see and do in this lively seaside city. Explore with the assistance of your CosmosGO app, maybe spend some time on the beach, or try the traditional bouillabaisse fish soup in one of the many bistros. if you wish, join the afternoon optional excursion to St Paul de Vence, famous for having been home to artists, such as Picasso and Chagall, as well as actors Roger Moore and Yves Montand. if you'd like to visit the Principality of Monaco this evening, just book the optional excursion on MyACCOUNT. (B)
3 NICE - CANNES - AIX-EN-PROVENCE.
Red Carpet glamour and Old Town elegance. Cannes is the image of red carpet and cameras flashing during the May film festival, but it also has a more down-to earth side which comes alive at the street market, where you can find anything from fruit and vegetables to soaps, pottery and table cloths. Aix-en-Provence, on the other hand, has an aura of elegance mixed with the lively character of a university town. (B) Today's Distance: 115 mi/ 185 km
4 EXPLORE AIX-EN-PROVENCE.
Provence at its Finest. Aix is a mosaic of pictures, bright with the colours of festivals, festivities and traditions, Provencal markets, sunripened foods, country walks, and countless leisure activities. See the colours of Cezanne and learn about the father of modern painting. Stroll through the places and landscapes which influenced his outlook on life and art. Experience and discover this lovely and lively town your way. (B)
5 AIX-EN-PROVENCE - AVIGNON - ORANGE.
Sur le Famous Pont and Roman History Avignon's historical centre is surrounded by Medieval walls, protecting the famous Palace of the Popes, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and many more, narrow alleys and friendly squares. Look for the famous bridge of the song or sit in a cafe and people-watch. Orange goes back to Roman times, and many of those ancient treasures still stand. Taste some Cotes du Rhone wines for some true local flavour. (B) Today's Distance: 75 mi/ 120 km
6 ORANGE - MONTELIMAR - LYON.
Wine, Nougat, and Coq au Vin. Each one of today's destinations has its gourmet specialities. Wine? You'll be spoilt for choice as this is one of the most celebrated wine-producing areas. Nougat? Montelimar is the quintessential French town sweetened by a tradition of nougat making. Coq au Vin (rooster in wine sauce) is one of the most traditional recipes of the Lyon area. Lyon is a city worth exploring, with its museums, Roman sites, silk weaver workshops, markets, squares and romantic river banks and bridges. Ask your Tour Director for suggestions and use your CosmosGO app to show the way. (B) Today's Distance: 127 mi/ 205 km
7 EXPLORE LYON.
Savoir Vivre. Plan your favourite activity for the day, whether it is taking the funicular to Fourviere hill for a panoramic sweeping view of the city, a visit to the Basilica and to the ancient ruins of Lugdunum, or a stroll through the hidden traboules (passages) of Vieux (old) Lyon. Brush up on your school French as you explore independently, or follow a local expert guide through the highlights on the optional sightseeing tour. (B)
Your personally tailored holiday ends in Lyon this morning. (B)
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 14 April 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- These prices are a guide to the best price and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details..