Giant Panda Conservation in China, 6 nights
- 7 day volunteer tour in China
- 2 nights dorm-share accomodation
- 4 nights twin-share accommodation
- All meals
- Arrival orientation briefing
- Airport pick-up - return airport transfers
- Pre-departure helpdesk, local in-country team and 24hr emergency support
Day 1 - 2 Chengdu. Arrive at Chengdu Shuang Liu Airport (CTU) where you'll be picked up and taken to our city hostel where you'll stay for 2 nights. On Monday we'll explore the fascinating markets and spacious parks of Chengdu as well as famous Kuanzhai Alley. It is a requirement that all volunteers are healthy to work with pandas and we'll arrange a check-up and doctors note at a cost of approx $40, payable locally. Later, the group will enjoy a welcome dinner together before we head out to the panda reserve on Tuesday. Day 3 - 6 Panda Care. After breakfast we'll head to the project site in the mountains, a journey of up to 3 hours. Here at the reserve, after settling in and enjoying lunch you will meet the project staff and panda keepers and commence your volunteer program. Tuesday afternoon is your orientation briefing which will take you through what to expect from your time here, the dos and don'ts and important safety matters. At this time we'll also complete the Chinese government formalities and you'll receive your work uniform. We'll then tour the facility and you'll meet the pandas for the first time. You will work as an assistant to the Panda Keeper, and your duties include cleaning enclosures, preparing food, chopping and carrying bamboo and assisting with feeding. By engaging in these vital tasks you'll be able to observe the pandas from very close up. The task schedule is spread throughout the day, and between stints there is plenty of free time for you to enjoy your surroundings. As a volunteer you are granted free access to all areas of the panda reserve, there are lots of trails nearby for a hike, or kick back and enjoy a game of table tennis or mah-jong. Have fun and learn some Chinese with the free language lessons each afternoon. Day 7 Chengdu. Program ends (or stay a second week for an additional $600).
Terms and conditions
- The following product terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website) and terms and conditions of the relevant travel service provider.
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 31 December 2020 for travel during the period specified (if applicable) unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless otherwise stated), subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice. Accommodation (if included) is based on share accommodation unless otherwise stated.
- Advertised price includes bonus nights and/or stated saving (if applicable).
- Additional supplier conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Components of the total price including local payments, "resort fees", "national park fees", "trip kitties" and food funds (if applicable) may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel consultant prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at the time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or by BPAY.
- Payments made in store by credit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel. Please enquire for further details..