The Endless Shores
from $ 4,895* per person
Embrace the Hongi touch of your Māori hosts, whose relationship with this unspoilt land is revealed on this journey. Experience natural wonders, from the luminous glowworms of the Footwhistle Cave and the native forests’ redwood giants, to the fantasy-land of The Lord of the Rings’ ‘Shire’.
Travel Dates: From 23/10/2020 to 09/04/2021
Duration: 8 days
Company: AAT KINGS
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 10336427
Napier’s art deco charmThe magical Glowworm Grotto of the Footwhistle Cave ExploreThe native gardens of Rainbow Springs Nature ParkThe giant Redwood Trees on a series of 23 suspension bridges ImmerseEnjoy a traditional Māori experience in Rotorua RelaxIn Rotorua’s healing mineral springsWine and Dine at Napier’s top winery
Hand-picked accommodationTravel by luxury coachAirport Transfers (see flight information below)
Upon arrival at Wellington Airport you’ll be transferred to your hotel. Spend some time at leisure to relax or explore on your own. This evening, join your Journey Director for a Welcome Reception, followed by dinner.
Today is your choice of sightseeing: You could experience the Weta Cave, home of the creative wizards behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies. Go on a guided city walking tour around Wellington or a guided tour of Te Papa Museum of New Zealand. Your Journey Director can assist in booking your optional experiences.
Travel through the dairy farming land of Manawatu to Napier in Hawke’s Bay. This evening, enjoy wine tasting and dinner at one of their world-famous wineries. Spend the evening in your accommodation surrounded by the areas majestic hills
Enjoy a relaxed start before we venture out to explore the region of Hawke’s Bay. Relive the glamour and style of the jazz era with a luxurious vintage car tour. You’ll be met by your driver, in Art Deco costume, who will provide a fascinating commentary as you are driven in style, through Napier and surrounding areas. You’ll learn about the earthquake that destroyed the city, hear stories of the people that led the rebuild, and discover the Art Deco style. This evening, enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Enjoy a leisurely start today before continuing the journey to Rotorua. Visit the spectacular Huka Falls, the only outlet of water from Lake Taupo, and then it’s on to Rotorua, where on arrival, an orientation tour takes in views of Lake Rotorua. Later, you’ll visit the Whakarewarewa Living Village for an insight into Māori life and how they interact with geothermal activity. Tonight, an evening of culture, history and scrumptious food awaits you at the Tamaki Māori Village. Wander through the ancient forest village and learn about Māori art forms and traditions, followed by a concert featuring local performers. Experience an authentic Māori Hangi meal, steamed underground in the traditional way.
Ascending to the breathtaking Redwoods Treewalk, enjoy an elevated bird’s eye view of the 115-year-old redwood giants and view the beautiful surrounds of the forest from a unique perspective. Next stop is Rainbow Springs Nature Park. Discover native flora that grows around the crystal clear mineral water springs and learn about their kiwi hatchery programme that is proudly supported by TreadRight.
Make your way to the famous Waitomo Caves for an exclusive 5-star Eco Glowworm experience. Your guide sets the scene for a cave experience where you will see glowworms, cave formations and appreciate the beauty of Footwhistle Cave. Later, travel through the dairy farming district of Waikato, and onto Auckland. This evening, toast your trip together at a Celebration Dinner.
Say farewell to your fellow travellers as your Inspiring Journey comes to an end and we transfer you to Auckland Airport for your onward flight.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 02 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 28 May 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.