Spirit of New Zealand
from $ 6,995* per person
Indulge in a little star-gazing before retiring to your private cabin for your overnight stay on Milford Sound. Journey out to Abel Tasman National Park and take a stroll along seemingly untouched golden beaches. Hear how the coastal city of Napier was rebuilt in Art Deco style after the earthquake of 1931.
Travel Dates: From 08/10/2020 to 31/03/2021
Duration: 21 days
Company: AAT KINGS
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 10336421
Tour the sights of DunedinSpend the night cruising on magical Milford SoundLet loose in the adventure capital, QueenstownSee awe-inspiring Franz Josef GlacierPunakaiki, home to Pancake Rocks & BlowholesFree time in Nelson to explore the Abel Tasman National ParkCruise Queen Charlotte SoundNapier’s Art Deco historyMaori hangi and Concert with the Tamaki Family MaraeDiscover Maori Arts & Crafts at Te PuiaAuckland City SightsCruise the stunning Bay of Islands and the Hole in the Rock
Comfortable accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
Meet your Travel Director and travelling companions this evening at a Welcome Reception.
Visit the city this morning, then travel over the Canterbury Plains to Lake Tekapo and view the Church of the Good Shepherd before continuing to Mt. Cook National Park.
Travel via Oamaru to Dunedin for a city tour on arrival.
Journey through rainforest, ancient glaciers and mountain ranges, and pass through the monumental Homer Tunnel. See Lake Matheson, Pop’s Lookout, Cleddau Valley and the Chasm before arriving in Milford Sound for your overnight cruise (Cruise may not operate on 10 Sep 2020 departure. On this date, you can enjoy a day cruise on Milford Sound and accommodation in Te Anau or Queenstown)
Depart this morning for Lake Te Anau. Explore the famous Te Anau Glowworm Caves by boat, drifting in silent darkness beneath the luminous shimmer of hundreds of glowworms. Later, travel to Queenstown.
Today is free for you to explore Queenstown at your own pace. This evening, consider a cruise across Lake Wakatipu aboard the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw.
Today, take time to either relax or tailor your own action-packed agenda.
Your first destination today is the old goldmining settlement of Arrowtown. Travel on to witness the serenity of the region’s vivid blue lakes, the most famous of which is pristine Lake Wanaka. Drive over the spectacular Haast Pass and take a rainforest walk to Thunder Creek Falls on your way to the extraordinary Franz Josef Glacier.
This morning, why not choose an optional experience and see Franz Josef Glacier from the air or take a glacier hike. Travel on to Hokitika, home of New Zealand’s famous greenstone, for a factory visit and demonstration. Continue to Punakaiki to view the Pancake Rocks.
The Heritage Highway leads you to the Buller Gorge and Kahurangi National Park before arriving in Nelson.
Today you’ll have the option to journey to the top of the South Island and take a scenic cruise in the Abel Tasman National Park.
Visit the seaside village of Picton then cruise on Queen Charlotte Sound before heading across Cook Strait to the North Island and Wellington, New Zealand’s capital. Enjoy a city sights tour before a guided tour of Te Papa Museum of New Zealand.
Explore Wellington at your own pace today.
Your special packed lunch today won’t only be wholesome, it will also feed a Kiwi child who may otherwise go without, through the charity ‘Eat My Lunch’. Travel through the vineyards of the Wairarapa region and Hawke’s Bay, and take a walking tour of Art Deco Napier.
Today journey to Lake Taupo, then visit Huka Falls on your way to Rotorua. Visit Te Puia, the Māori Arts and Crafts Institute. A tour of Rotorua’s active geothermal fields follows. Gain a further insight into traditional Māori culture at a concert and Hangi Highlight Dinner at the Tamaki Māori Village.
Today is free for you to explore at leisure.
Travel through the dairy-farming land of Waikato en route to Auckland.
Travel through Northland to the Bay of Islands where you’ll experience spectacular scenery as you cruise through the ‘Hole in the Rock’.
Today is free for you to explore at leisure.
Drive through lush farmland scenery on your return to Auckland. This evening, join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Farewell Dinner.
Your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 May 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 May 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.