New Zealand Marvel
from $ 4,625* per person
From the impressive display of the glaciers of the West Coast, to the sensational alpine landscape of Lake Tekapo and Mt. Cook National Park, right up to the extraordinary geysers of Rotorua and the dramatic underground caverns of the Waitomo Caves, there is an abundance of spectacular natural sights to take your breath away.
Travel Dates: From 05/10/2020 to 11/04/2021
Duration: 14 days
Company: AAT KINGS
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 10337859
Journey on the Tranz Alpine TrainSee awe-inspiring Franz Josef GlacierCruise across Lake Wakatipu to Walter Peak dinner, QueenstownCruise Milford SoundSee spectacular Lake Te AnauDunedin City SightsChurch of the Good ShepherdCruise Queen Charlotte SoundVisit Te Papa, Museum of New ZealandMaori Hangi and Concert with the Tamaki Family MaraeWaitomo’s Glow Worm CavesExperienced Travel Director and Driver Guide
Comfortable accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
On arrival in Christchurch there’s time for relaxing or exploring. This evening, your holiday begins at a Welcome Reception with your Travel Director and fellow travellers.
Board the iconic TranzAlpine train for one of the world’s great rail journeys. Pass through the lush pasture-land of the Canterbury Plains to the rugged gorges and ice-fed streams and lakes of the Southern Alps. Arrive at Arthur’s Pass and continue to Hokitika, home of New Zealand’s famous greenstone. Continue to Franz Josef Glacier.
Drive over the spectacular Haast Pass, passing the 96-metre Thunder Creek Falls, and serene Lakes Wanaka, Hawea and Dunstan. Stop at the town of Cromwell and enjoy delicious stone fruit. Next, you’ll visit the historic goldmining settlement of Arrowtown, where over seventy buildings from the gold-rush era are still beautifully preserved. You’ll arrive in Queenstown in time for an orientation tour.
Explore New Zealand’s adventure capital today. There are jet-boat rides for thrill-seekers, and wine tours or intimate cafés for those who enjoy a more leisurely pace. Enjoy a peaceful cruise this evening across Lake Wakatipu aboard the TSS Earnslaw to Walter Peak High Country Farm for a gourmet barbecue Highlight Dinner and an entertaining after-dinner show offering glimpses of high-country farm life.
Travel the highway known as the Devil’s Staircase and along the shores of Lake Wakatipu to the town of Te Anau. On your journey to Milford Sound you’ll be awestruck by the native rainforests and rugged mountains of Fiordland National Park. Your cruise on the Sound provides views of cascading waterfalls, hanging glacial valleys, and towering Mitre Peak. Return to lakeside Te Anau, where this evening you can consider an optional experience visiting the Te Anau Glowworm Caves.
Journey through lush green sheep-grazing country on your way to Dunedin this morning. The afternoon is yours to enjoy as you please. Sit back and relax, or consider an optional experience. Perhaps ride the historic Taieri Gorge Railway, or take a wildlife cruise to spot penguins and Royal Albatross.
Consider an optional experience to visit Larnach Castle this morning. Then set out for the historic town of Oamaru, with its elegant tree-lined streets and celebrated white limestone buildings. Later, follow the course of the mighty Waitaki River, passing monumental Waitaki Hydro Power Scheme and the Benmore Dam on your way to Omarama.
Journey through the awe-inspiring Aoraki/ Mt. Cook National Park this morning. See majestic Lakes Pukaki and Tekapo, and stop to view the famous Church of the Good Shepherd. Later, traverse the fertile Canterbury Plains to Christchurch.
Travel along the rugged Pacific Ocean coast this morning to Kaikoura, where sperm whales can often be seen not far from shore (an optional whale-watching flight is available). Pass the pink-tinged ponds of the Lake Grassmere Salt Works, then travel to pretty seaside fishing village of Picton. Tonight enjoy dinner at your hotel.
Cruise tranquil Queen Charlotte Sound, then cross the Cook Strait to Wellington on the North Island. Take a city tour before enjoying some free time. Later, visit Te Papa Museum of New Zealand, where you’ll have time to explore the many fascinating exhibits.
Your special packed lunch today won’t only be wholesome, it will also feed a Kiwi child who may otherwise go without, through the charity ‘Eat My Lunch’. Travel along the scenic Kapiti Coast through lush dairyfarming country to Tongariro National Park and snow-capped Mt. Ruapehu. Panoramic views of Lake Taupo will unfold around every corner. View mighty Huka Falls and pass the Wairakei Geothermal Power Station. Enjoy an evening of fun and laughter and gain an insight into traditional Māori culture followed by a Hangi Highlight Dinner at the Tamaki Māori Village.
Relax or explore Rotorua at your own pace. Perhaps you might visit Rainbow Springs Nature Park to observe the native fauna of New Zealand, including the country’s iconic kiwi.
This morning, explore the Waitomo Glowworm Grotto by boat, and walk through towering limestone caverns. Later, you’ll follow the noble Waikato River into Auckland. Take an orientation tour of the city before joining your Travel Director for a Farewell Dinner.
Your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 05 June 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 31 May 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.