Essence of New Zealand
from $ 6,050* per person
Create your perfect New Zealand holiday that will last a lifetime. It may be the spirit and energy of a Maori cultural performance or the breathtaking beauty of the mountain ranges and fiords of Milford Sound. There are many special memories to be made.
Travel Dates: From 08/10/2020 to 28/03/2021
Duration: 18 days
Company: AAT KINGS
Call 133 133 and
quote deal number 10337854
QueenstownMilford SoundNapierTour the sights of DunedinOvernight Milford SoundFranz Josef GlacierBlow holes at PunakaikiFree time in Nelson to explore the Abel Tasman National ParkCruise Queen Charlotte SoundNapier’s Art Deco historyMaori hangi and Concert with the Tamaki Family MaraeDiscover Maori Arts & Crafts at Te PuiaAuckland City Sights
Comfortable accommodationTravel by luxury coachExperienced Travel Director and Driver GuideAirport transfers (see flight information below)
Meet your Travel Director and travelling companions this evening at a Welcome Reception.
Drive over the rich alluvial farmlands of the Canterbury Plains to Lakes Tekapo and Pukaki. Pause to view the iconic Church of the Good Shepherd before revelling in the alpine landscape of Mt. Cook National Park.
Travel via Oamaru, with its famous white limestone buildings, to Dunedin, a region of unique landscapes and fascinating cultural history, for an orientation tour.
Be awestruck by the glories of Fiordland National Park. Journey through rainforest, ancient glaciers and mountain ranges, and pass through the monumental Homer Tunnel. See Lake Matheson, Pop’s Lookout, Cleddau Valley and the Chasm before arriving in Milford Sound for your overnight cruise (Cruise may not operate on 10 Sep 2020 departure. On this date, you can enjoy a day cruise on Milford Sound and accommodation in Te Anau or Queenstown)
Depart for the majestic Lake Te Anau. Explore the famous Te Anau Glowworm Caves by boat, before travelling to Queenstown, the adventure capital.
Today is yours to explore at your own pace.
While Queenstown wears its ‘Global Adventure Capital’ badge proudly, it’s also the perfect place to relax and explore. The town boasts great shopping with luxury brands, iconic New Zealand design stores, and boutique fashion.
Your destination is the wild West Coast of the South Island. Stop to visit the gold mining settlement of Arrowtown. You will then travel over Haast Pass and view the sheer drop of Thunder Creek Falls on your way to the Franz Josef Glacier.
Explore this astounding glacier on foot or from the air this morning (both optional). Travel to Hokitika, home of New Zealand’s famous greenstone, then on to Punakaiki to view the intriguing Pancake Rocks and Blowholes. You’ll spend the night in an eco-friendly resort right on the waterfront.
The Heritage Highway leads you through a scenic wilderness to the plunging Buller Gorge and pristine Kahurangi National Park.
Today you have free time to relax in Nelson.
Visit the seaside village of Picton with free time to explore. Cruise on tranquil Queen Charlotte Sound before heading across Cook Strait to the North Island and Wellington, New Zealand’s capital. Enjoy a city sights tour before a guided tour of Te Papa Museum of New Zealand.
Wellington is celebrated as the country’s creative and culinary capital and today is yours to explore at your own pace.
Your special packed lunch today won’t only be wholesome, it will also feed a Kiwi child who may otherwise go without, through the charity ‘Eat My Lunch’. Travel through the Wairarapa region and Hawke’s Bay to Napier, a city whose unique concentration of beautiful Art Deco architecture is due to its rebuilding after the 1931 earthquake. Enjoy a walking tour with a local guide.
Journey to Lake Taupo, the largest lake in New Zealand, and then visit mighty Huka Falls on your way to Rotorua, where a sightseeing tour will include views of Lake Rotorua. Visit Te Puia, the Māori Arts and Crafts Institute. A tour of Rotorua’s active geothermal fields follows. Gain insight into traditional Māori culture this evening while you enjoy a Highlight Dinner at the Tamaki Māori Village
Today is yours to explore at your own pace.
Travel through the lush dairy-farming district of Waikato en route to Auckland, where you’ll take a tour of the city.
Your holiday comes to an end this morning after breakfast.
Terms and conditions
- Prices quoted valid for sale until 30 May 2020 unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- Price is per person and subject to availability. Accommodation (if included) is based on twin share unless otherwise stated.
- Airfare (including internal flights) is not included unless otherwise stated and, if included, is economy class unless otherwise stated.
- Local payments, "trip kittys" or food funds may apply and may be payable direct to the supplier on arrival or to your travel agent prior to your departure. Where applicable, these payments are included in the total price quoted.
- Gratuities are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please enquire for further details.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges and other applicable fees may apply and are beyond our control.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- Payments made by credit card will incur a surcharge.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store or Bpay.
- These prices are a guide to the best price. Prices are correct as at 25 May 2020 and are subject to change without notice, due to matters outside our control, such as adverse currency fluctuations, fuel surcharges, taxes and airfare increases. Please enquire for further details.