Flights Darwin to Hobart
Terms & Conditions
- The following fare terms and conditions apply in addition to our Booking Terms and Conditions (available on our website).
- Prices quoted are based on cheapest available at time of advertising and may be higher depending on date of purchase and date of travel.
- Price is subject to availability and may be withdrawn or varied without notice.
- Prices quoted are valid for the travel dates specified, unless otherwise stated or sold out prior.
- All prices are per person (unless stated otherwise). Where companion fares apply, these are subject to two passengers travelling together to the same destination on the same booking.
- Saving (if applicable) is included in the advertised price and unless stated otherwise may not be used with any other offer.
- Seasonal surcharges and blackout dates may apply depending on date of travel.
- This fare may include Economy, Premium Economy, Business, and/or First class sectors. Please check details with your travel consultant.
- Flights may not be direct or operate daily and may require a mandatory stopover at the customer's own expense.
- Flights may include domestic on-line segments.
- Itineraries may require a waiting period between flights.
- Flights may be operated by a partner airline of the carrier. Please check with your travel consultant at the time of booking to confirm.
- Unless otherwise stated, advertised price is per person, based on return airfares and prepaid airfare taxes only.
- Fares may or may not include checked luggage (which can incur additional surcharges) and do not include surcharges which may apply for luggage over the size or weight allowance. Please check luggage allowances with your travel consultant.
- Prices shown are fully inclusive of taxes, levies and government charges current at time of publication.
- Additional levies, government charges & other applicable fees, including additional taxes, surcharges and visa fees specific to your departure date or flight routing, may apply and are beyond our control.
- Prices shown are for payments made by cash in store.
- Payments made by credit or debit card will incur a surcharge (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Domestic and International bookings made online will incur a booking fee (see Booking Terms and Conditions for further details).
- Additional conditions and travel restrictions may apply. Please contact your travel consultant for more information..
Flying time from Darwin to Hobart: 5 hours approximately
Distance from CBD: 17km
Taxi: Around $35 to CBD
Public Transport: Shuttle buses service the airport regularly.
Currency: Australian Dollar
A great way to see Hobart is by cruise along the Derwent River. Consider a cruise on a historic ferry and enjoy lunch or dinner in spectacular surrounds. Other cruises can take you to the Moorilla Estate Winery, the Cadbury Chocolate Factory, and of course Hobart's picturesque harbour. Or, if you're looking for a day trip, cruises from Franklin Wharf can take you to Bruny Island. Once there, Bruny Island is the perfect place to admire rugged beauty as well as sample locally produced cheese, wine and berries. For a breathtaking view, visit the Cape Bruny Lighthouse, the second-oldest standing lighthouse in Australia.
Closer to Hobart, Mount Wellington offers a unique wilderness experience and panoramic views of the city, the Derwent River and nearby World Heritage Areas. You can walk, drive or ride a bike up Pinnacle Road to the lookout at the top of Mount Wellington. The mountain is often snow-covered, even in summer, so warm clothes are a must. Whatever your chosen mode of travel, the view from the summit is well worth the journey.
For a glimpse of Hobart's natural beauty, take a cruise on the Derwent, or visit the summit on Mount Wellington.
Hobart Airport (HBA)
For helpful information about getting to and from the airport, check-in information and more have a look at our Hobart Airport Guide.
Airport Accommodation: Hobart's CBD, where the majority of accommodation is located, is about 20 minutes drive from the airport. Book your Hobart Accommodation.
Airlines that fly to Hobart
The following airlines fly to Hobart domestically:
For more information on airlines that offer flights to Hobart, see our domestic airline page.
You might also be interested in our international airline guide.